Chapter Sixteen

Get it together Sam. Get it together. We're in the middle of a rebellion, there's no time to start a relationship now. Is there? Of course there's not. I don't know how long we sat at the abandoned house, but Noah finally left and made our way back to the factory, the same way we came from, so we wouldn't be spotted by anyone. Once we got back to the factory, it was already three in the morning.

Thankfully everyone was asleep. Walking over to my bed, I turned on the light. My eyes darted over to Krista bunk, but she wasn't there.

"At this point she should just stay with Ben." He said with a soft quiet chuckle.

"She rarely sleeps up there." I said as I sat down on my bed, Noah sitting next to me, very close actually, our legs touching. I turned to look at him, he seemed to be in his thoughts at the moment.

"Hey, thanks for today. For showing me your secret place." I whispered and smiled at him. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"I trust you...just as much as I trust Ben and Krista and Kyle of course, but I don't know why I brought you there and not the others." He said as he gazed into my eyes for a minute.

"I don't know either but I feel pretty special." I said with a smile. Noah gave me a nod and a second later I saw that his face was moving closer to mine. He stopped before turning away. I cleared my throat slightly and glanced down at the floor. Silence now fills the awkward moment.

"We should get some sleep, it's late." I mumbled softly before shifting and laying down on my bed, my back facing him, not bothering to even look at him. A second later the bed shook slightly and I slowly peaked over my shoulder to see Noah laying next to me. I turned back around, a small smile forming on my lips. His hand snaked around my waist and pulled me close and I let out a quiet sigh and closed my eyes, drifting off into sleep.

***
The next morning, everyone was gathered around Jill's desk. She was giving us the rundown for the day. Kyle, Noah and Ben were heading into the next neighborhood to scan the area and whatnot. Krista and I were gonna spend the day in town and Jill was heading back to the pharmacy.

"Girls day!" Krista said, smiling at me as everyone dispersed for the day. I laughed, shaking my head as I watched Kyle, Noah and Ben leave. A small sigh escaped my lips as my thoughts went back to the night before. Was he actually going to kiss me or was I imagining it. Honestly I had no idea.

"You alright?" Krista asked me, tapping my arm and I blinked a few times. "Uh, yeah I'm great." I said with a wide smile. She raised an eyebrow suspiciously, but shrugged her shoulders. We were the last ones to leave.

Twenty minutes passed and we ended up in town. Since it was early in the morning, everyone I knew was at work. But of course I still had to keep on some sort of disguise. My long blonde hair was tucked away underneath a black wig. Where did I get the wig? Well, Krista and Ben had found them in an antique store that sold old furniture. Luckily for us, the owner there was a supporter for our cause and showed them some stuff he and his family have been hiding from the cops, to give to us from time to time.

Krista and I ended up at the cafe where I first met Noah. A small smile formed on my lips as I thought back on that day.

As Krista went to get us coffee, I found us a table by the window and sat down.

"So, where did you and Noah go?" Krista asked as she set my coffee down in front of me. I thought for a moment wondering if I should tell her not, but decided not to.

"Nowhere really, just for a walk." I said taking a small sip of my coffee and leaned back in my seat.

"Right, right." She said, obviously not believing me. "Look if it's something between you and Noah that's totally fine." She said with a chuckle.