Chapter Twenty-Five

The five of us have been going over strategies and ways to find Noah and get him out, as safely as possible. All signs pointed to the White House. Where the president resides. But the main question we kept asking ourselves: Where could they be holding him? Prison? Or separate in another building?

Krista, Ben and Kyle were examining the capital's maps looking for entryways that can help us get to the White House quickly.

My eyes wandered over to the picture of Noah's mom. She had the same blackish brown hair, medium length and chestnut brown eyes. A small smile formed on my lips as I kept my gaze on the picture, reminding me so much of Noah. I felt a tear escape and I quickly wiped it away.

"Are you alright?"

I quickly turned around to see Joe standing behind me, his hands in his pockets with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied as I wiped my eyes and looked back at the board.

"I regret leaving them..." He spoke up as I watched his figure step closer as he stood next to me.

"My wife, she's been in prison for a long time. I should have been there to help, but what good would that have done if Noah lost both his parents.."

"But he did.." I answered and turned to look at him. "She went to prison and you disappeared."

Joe got quiet for a moment before nodding his head slowly. "Yes, I did. But I have been trying to fix my mistakes.."

"But why didn't you go back to the group?" I asked him.

"I had to stay here, stay undercover, find out as much as I can about where they're taking us. Some of the group has gone to prison, some have received the death penalty, luckily my wife is still alive...I have eyes and ears around here." He explained with a slight smile.

"Noah's not in prison, he's been taken somewhere, probably being tortured to spill every secret, every information about the group."

"Noah's strong, he won't say a word." I prayed as I kept my eyes focused on the board in front of me.

"I know he won't." He replied as the two of us looked over at each other for a moment, hope in our eyes.

***

Noah's POV

My hands gripped onto the chair, my knuckle white. The blade pierced into my skin for the hundredth time that day. I have been sitting in this room for what felt like days or weeks. Being tortured for information that I would rather die than give up to these assholes.

Sweat was dripping down my forehead as I hung my head. My eyes felt heavy, about to black out. I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment before opening them again. I lifted my head slightly to see the two guards walking out of the room.

Not a minute later the president walked in, his hands behind his back. I furrowed my eyebrows, glaring at him.

"You're a tough kid, I'll give you that.." He spoke up.

"I'm not saying shit." I gritted through my teeth. He let out a chuckle as he nodded his head slowly.

"Yes, I know. Which is why I'm giving you an ultimatum...give me what I want or you can watch your mother die." He snarled.

My eyes widened to what he said. My mother was still alive? There was no way.

"I'll give you until the end of the week, which is only about three days, to think about it. So...choose wisely." He said to me. We stared each other down for a minute before he turned on his heels and rushed out of the room. The door slamming shut behind him.