3 - 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧 ᵖᵗ.ᵒⁿᵉ

Vouno unscrunched his eyes. Agapi's soothing voice calmed his rapidly beating heart.

"Vouno, we're here, it's okay, you can open your eyes," She whispered in that croaky voice.

Vouno opened one of his eyes and squinted by the bright light.

The desert they stood in was breezy, the wind flipped up the children's capes, but it was somewhat nice, to get fresh air somewhere other then the playing field.

Vouno looked around, the floor was beige and grey sand, trickling around Vounos feet.

I front of them were three sort of, gravestones, but they didn't have messages or gifts, just moss and mold and a small diamond like symbol in the middle, they were all wonky and lopsided.

They seemed stranded on a small island, behind them and to their sides was a what seemed like, never ending sea of dark water.

The only way it seemed like they could go was forward, up these small, chunky rock stairs, which led to a bright cave. The children could see over the top of the cave, the light shone off the back of it, meaning the sun must've been behind the cave.

Vouno tightened his grip on Agapi's cold hands. He gulped.

"Let's go," he said confidently, lifting his head high in the air.

Agapi interpretated him, they began to walk towards the cave.

They soon where inside, as horrifying as they thought it would be, it was quite natural light inside.

Vouno swallowed again, he walked towards the side of the cave, and placed his fingertips on them. As he touched the walls, golden spirals emitted off his fingers, he pulled away from the wall panicking.

The golden spirals on the wall moved around forming pictures. After twirling around on the wall, fascinating the children, they formed an image of many people, on their knees to a castle in the clouds.

"is that

"is that.. Eden?" Agapi muttered underneath her breath.

"Wow. We have a long way to go. We're just at the murals haha." Vouno said sarcastically, he faced the ground thinking about how far they had to go.

Agapi linked her fingers in Vouno again and looked him in the eyes.

"Well it gives us plenty time to explore new places," She smiled deeply.

Vouno grinned at the enthusiastic girl. They continued walking again. The ended up seeing more murals of children running, yet it was hard to tell if it was running happily or running away from something. They hopped through a pool of water. And crawled through more sand, then, they found an exit to the bright cave. They stepped out and the sun shone deeply on there tunics and masks.

The children took a deep breath in taking the pure beauty of this place. As they took a step forward, they slid down a slope of sand, making them giggle as it was unexpected.

That's when they saw it, there was an abandoned boat, with a what seemed like, a glowing child standing on it.

Vouno and Agapi curiously stepped forward to it.

"Hello? Are you okay?" Vouno pondered

He reached out to it, as soon as his fingertips touched the white light, the glowing child sunk to the ground dissolving into golden dust.

The two kids were shocked, their bodies slowly lifted into the air, they couldn't believe it! Their capes were taking deep flaps, they were flying, to the dust of that glowing child.

Agapi giggled in excitement. The children soared through the grey, yet sun filled desert.

Soon, they landed again, in a kaleidoscopic of butterflies, the butterflies were golden, and they swam around the sky delicately.

"You know, my name is Greek for Mountain, it seems to resemble this place ha," Vouno chuckled as the butterflies caressed their cheeks.

"My name is Greek for Love, coincidental that we both have Greek names haha," Agapi stood on a small rock towering over the warm filled boy.

They traveled through the warm sand, normally, if someone travelled on a beach, the sand would get stuck to your feet, just the sand here was soft and almost glossy?

Agapi sighed deeply, "Y'know, no-one's here now, could at least see a little bit of your face???" She begged jokingly.

Vouno laughed, "No! We can't Agapi,"

Agapi huffed in a grump and crossed her arms.

Vouno cocked his head to the side, facing Agapi as they walked.

"Come on, you'll still get to know me," He held out his hand openly. Agapi smirked, grabbed his hand and dashed across the feild of golden sand giggling.

"Ah! Agapi slow down!" Vouno chuckled, he nearly tripped over, but Agapi was running so fast that he caught his balance in the air.

They ran off towards the towering mountain, another glowing child stood on top of it.

ⁱˢˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵈᵃʷⁿ, ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵗʷᵒ ☟︎︎︎☟︎︎︎