16 - 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐝𝐞𝐧ᵖᵗ.ᵗʷᵒ

-

Vouno was cold, he was so cold, his body was grey, his cape no longer shined, and he lost all his light.

All hope seemed lost. He breathed through his sobs. What could he do? He was a child. He couldn't do anything.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Agapi.

Nothing.

What?

Agapi?

Vouno jolted his head up, Agapi! He needed to find her. He heaved his weak body up and stumbled around the debris and rocks slipping and tumbling.

He hopped through the spiked rocks and ran across the emerging sand.

"Agapi! Agapi!"

There was no response. Vouno felt a wave of panic wash over him. He felt his body slowly slumping to the ground again. As a noise occurred.

It sounded like a cough, Vouno lifted his head and darted it around his vision, to see a hand sticking out from behind a wall.

"Agapi!" he yelled as he dashed round the corner.

Her body was grey tumbled up on the floor.

Vouno fell to his knees and held her hand to retreave her light. Her body was still grey.

Vouno felt warmth coming back to him, but Agapi was still cold as ice.

"Vouno. Vouno stop."

Vouno continued to hold her hand desparate for her to get better.

"Your going to be fine just hold still-"

"Vouno stop it-" Agapi vomited a bodies worth of blood. Vouno fell back in shock, Agapi rolled onto her back and spluttered through her tears and blood.

Vouno lifted her head slowly and placed it on his lap, his tear drops fell onto her face.

"Vouno. Sing me the song." She coughed.

Vouno flashed through a memory when they were young, it was their song.

Vouno looked into her fading eyes and took a deep breath.

"Ok," he whispered as he exhaled.

Vouno scrunched his eyes and slowly opened his quivering mouth.

Where the wind blows

He held Agapis cold hand

By the window

Agapi spat out a puddle of blood

I'll be waiting

Vouno light returned.

For you.

Agapi wouldn't get her light

And if you feel lost

Vouno gasped for air

I will find you

Agapi gazed around the red sky

And bring you back to light.

Again...

He looked down at the girl. She didn't move. Her eyes stated up at the clouds.

"Agapi?"