7 - 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ

☔︎

The breeze washed up over the childrens faces, they dropped off another platform and was gliding through the sky into a open cloud area with trees and fields sticking out of them.

"Whats this place called then?" Vouno asked, swerving around the tree holding Agapis hand bringing her with him.

"I believe this place is called, the Hidden Forest," She pondered.

"Snazzy ha," Vouno chuckled.

They landed on another piece of land. It was a small pathway down a shallow hill to a light powered door. Maybe they had to use their candles to open the doors.

They walked up to it, Vouno pressed his appearing candle up against the small dark diamond. It lit up and the door spread out, revealing another winding path, but through rain.

They went through the door and hesitated.

"Wont the rain drain our light?" Agapi quieried quietly.

"Im sure itll be okay.." Vouno said without thinking.

They dashed through the water, and got to the next door, Agapi was right, they both began to feel strange. But as they held hands and were near eachother, they warmed up again.

"Perhaps both of our lights being together brings up the energy," Agapi stated.

Vouno nodded in agreement. They conrinued walking again.

☔︎

The area was now clear, there were no clouds. It was a beautiful forest. With light shone everywhere, the rain fell gently. And the lake sung clearly.

Agapi Gulped, it was beautiful, but the rain drained their energy, what if she accidently let go of Vounos hand? What if she fell and the rain consumed her ligh-

Vouno linked arms with the timid girl and began to fly ahead. The rain tricled doen their capes, yet they felt okay, Agapi unscrunched her eyes. She was okay. With Vouno, she was safe.

They picked up more of the glowing children, the winged lights. And gathered more candle pieces, they seemed to energized them too.

The forest was simply beautiful, with all the blues and greens, and the birds that flew about freely, and the sparkling mushrooms on the trees and soft fresh grass. The children felt refreshed in the place, taking deep sighs next to each other. Even though the rain stung a little, it far by had to be the most beautiful place they had seen so far in all of their travels.

Agapi coughed.

☔︎