14 - 𝐕𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞ᵖᵗ.ᵗʷᵒ

-

"Agapi?"

-

Within a second, Agapi ripped off her mask and coughed up a puddle of black blood. Vouno stared in horror, she began to fall down to her knees and cough more and more and more.

Vouno carefully walked around the puddle and faced Agapi away from it, he looked into her face. For the first time, he saw the real her. Her eyes were Hazel coloured with freckles dotted around the bridge of her nose. He noticed that her mouth began to quiver.

"You can't tell me your fine. Agapi. What is going on?"

Agapi took a deep breath. Tears began to fall down her face fast as she huddled into Vouno's shoulder and sob as Vouno held her close. He even felt tears of fear come to his eyes.

"I'm sick Vouno."

He kept staring at the ground.

"I'm really really sick. But i didn't want to tell anyone, because I wanted to come on this mission. But it was a mistake, if I go any further like this, it's going to kill me."

Vounos heart pace sped up.

"Its going to kill me Vouno. What am I supposed to do now?" her voice cracked as she sobbed more.

Vouno grabbed her shoulders and held her face in front of him.

"It won't Agapi."

She stared in surprise.

"It won't kill you. I'm going to get you home."

He hesitated, then slowly reached for his mask and tossed it across the room. Agapi looked at the mask and then at him.

His eyes were green with thick blonde bushy eyebrows. His mouth soon turned into a smile.

"Because I like you Agapi."

He moved his face forward and kissed Agapis lips. Her eyes widened, but quickly closed as she accepted the kiss. Warmth filled her body and she began to grin deeply.

Vouno pulled away and held her hand.

"I'm going to get you home. I promise,"

The two smiled at eachother.

Agapi was still too weak to walk herself, Vouno took her by the waist and lifted her onto his back.

"Put your arms around my shoulders lift your legs," Vouno asked, she did as so whilst Vouno held his arms through her legs, lifted her up once more and began to trudge through the grass towards the statue.

"Try to close your eyes for a while, OK?"

Agapi nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. Vouno felt his smile widening and his face feeling red. Agapi silently grinned too.

-

The statue was withering away, it was hard to tell its features. Vouno closed his eyes and breathed in heavily. As he breathed out, a voice appeared.

"What is Agapi doing here?"

Vouno looked forward, the elder was sitting on her knees, facing the children.

"You know her?" Vounk asked quietly.

"I took care of her before she went to your home," The elder replied smiling.

-

Vouno was sat opposite the elder, Agapi's cold body was layed across the Elders lap, she held her towards her clothing, stroking her hair gently.

"And then Agapi told me she was sick. Do you know what type of sickness it is?" Vouno asked.

The elder looked at the curious boy, and then back at Agapi.

"When her light was coming to this world, something happened, I'm not sure what, but somehow her light got lost and landed in Eden. It was struck by the ghost mantas too many times. Her unborn body rolled down to the end of the Vault. And I found her. But because she is a sky child, I could not keep her. So I took her to your home and told the counciler of her illness... "

Vouno looked at Agapi sleeping body, not understanding how she seemed fine before they left for the mission.

"That was the last time I saw her," The elder finished.

Vouno began to tear up. "If the elder knew she was sick, then why did you send her on this mission?"

"Oh child, the elders don't decide who goes on the missions. Who told you this?"

-

-

-

The counciler. He sent us?

-

-

-

Vouno stared in astonishment.

"W... What? B-but, the counciler with the deer mask, you said he knew she was sick?"

Lamed the elder stopped smiling.

"He did know. I told him not to send her,"

Vouno's stomache sunk.

"He's the reason that she's dying."

-

Agapi slept on Vouno's back as he turned to Lamed one last time.

She walked towards the children and hugged them tightly.

"Good luck my children. Maybe we will see eachother again some day soon..."

Vounos eyes were wide, he began to shed tears as he held his face in her sleeve.

"Thankyou. Thankyou so much,"

They soon let go, and looked at eachother one last time before Vouno hoisted Agapi on his back and began to walk forward up the steps.

The steps to.

The eye of Eden.

🌌