4: First Try

3rd person pov:

As the shadow covered wizard leaves the room. Hawks glances down the hall where he's going. The man pulls out a key from around his neck that was tucked under his silk and fur shoulder cover that acts as a belly shirt. Exposing his abs and scared chest. The man then looks at Hawks with a smirk.

"Cleaning supplies are in the closet by the kitchen."

With a swift of his wrist. The door opens to a strong smell of nature and magic.

So while Hawks was "looking" around for the supplies. He was actually mapping out the house, and all of the possible exit points.

^Damn, not even a window? Every door is blocked off by dusty boards except for two. One has a key and the other is the basement storage. There isn't even a weapon on sight.^

"Sigh, I guess it's time to get to work."

Hawks had seen the suplies. Getting a rag, bucket, and vinegar to use. Hawks started with counters and tables. All awhile the thoughts of curiosity circles in his mind.

^the smell of nature must mean that's the exit. If only I could get the key from him without notice.^

By the time Hawks was finished with the dining room and living room, including floors. Hawks had the kitchen left. With dishes piled high. He began with a sulk. Mutering to himself while washing them.

"Stupid lazy good for nothing. How lazy can one guy be? That ugly mug needs a good rearranging., and those perfectly sculpted abs- huh?!"

He thinks back to the wizard smirk and starts blushing. So he vigorously washes to push the thought away. Only for a plate to slip out of his hands and fall on the floor.

*CRASH!*

"Oh no oh no."

Worry turns to surprise. As Hawks has an idea.

About that time. The wizard comes up to make dinner for them both. Hawks is in the kitchen sweeping up the shattered plate.

"Sorry it was an accident."

"It's fine, just throw it away and sit at the table until I give you dinner."

As Hawks walks by. The wizard smells a strong concentration of vinegar on Hawks. Thinking nothing of it, he continues to cook. However something did catch his eye. The plate that Hawks threw away seemed smaller than normal. So while Hawks was out of sight. The wizard pulls out the pieces to put the puzzle together. That's when he sees a large shard missing in the shape of a knife.

"Nuaghty fay, but clever. For this action, I need to teach you the rules of the house before dinner can be served."