Chapter 42

It's been a while, but here you go.

His lips devoured my own, asserting his power over me once again. A pit of agony burned deep inside me and tried to passionately return his affection. I knew he could tell all of my actions were forced and fake, by the smirk rising onto his face. His hands roamed my body until one of his hands trailed itself up to my head.

His fingers tangled themselves through my hair holding a possessive grip on my head, our heads impossibly close to one another.

"My god" Mason breathed in my ear, "the time I spend away from you is always too long."

His hand forcing my head towards his slowly loosened and I hesitantly pulled back from our passionate kiss. He made his strength known to me once again, by pulling me or actually more pushing me, towards his lap, where my legs still straddled his strong hips. I could feel his eyes wandering up my body and eventually land on my eyes. My eyes refused to meet his gaze as I felt the blush creeping up my cheeks.

My wrists were still resting on his shoulders, allowing my hands to have a limited range of movement. Bringing my thumb to my wedding ring, I anxiously spun it around my finger. I turned my gaze away from Mason's torso, focusing on the ocean and its movement. I felt one of his hands move from my waist to firmly guide my chin back towards him.

"What are you thinking?"
It came out as a demand, not a question. Which wasn't all that surprising given it was Mason who was conversing.

A whirlwind of thoughts came to my head. Was he talking about just then, at the beach, before the beach, or the fuck tonne of other times where I haven't done what 'dear old Mason' wanted. I went to open my mouth but closed it again. I could feel the anger rising in me. It began bubbling up as I began naming everything that was fucked up about this situation

He raised a threatening eyebrow towards me, warning me if I didn't come up with a good, believable answer in the next five seconds - well I'm not really sure what he was going to threaten me with. There wasn't much more I could think of that he could take from me and really I didn't care at this moment.

Mason could just suffer a little bit too, because fuck it, I didn't feel like playing by his rules. I decided to entertain an option he hadn't suggested, one that didn't need a verbal answer but would hopefully satisfy his need for control, enough.

I could feel him growing harder underneath me. The fabric of my bikinis and his pants was not nearly enough to separate him from me and it disgusted me. I hated how vulnerable I was at this moment. And so many other moments with him.

I began to slowly move my hips back and forth, rubbing his hard-on over my sex. I looked up at him through my lashes, fluttering my eyes toward him. At this point, I was willing to try anything to get me out of the punishment that I undoubtedly had coming for me, or at least improve the inevitable, somewhat.

In a swift movement, he flipped us, trapping me underneath him. My wrists were pinned to the bed, unable to move with his weight holding them in place. One of his knees held my leg at an angle giving him full access to me, my only protection at that moment, being my flimsy bikinis. Slowly I directed my vision down his body, to his erection. Knowing he was watching my every move, I traced every inch of his body with my eyes until they met his grey ones.

"Annalise," He growled, "You will answer my questions when I ask them. Don't think I can't see through your attempt to distract me."

Damn.

My head was turned to the side, pushing as far into the bed as possible. Knowing that he could see through my pathetic attempt to distract him, I was relieved I would not have to follow through with my plan of seducing him.