Chapter 26

Warning: Recall of assault

My arms had been restrained above my head for about two hours now. They were turning cold and my fingers had begun to tingle. No matter how much I moved or shifted my position, my arms remained numb. My shoulders had begun to ache and I was beyond bored.

I heard footsteps near the door. My body tensed, every muscle contracting as hard as possible. Mason couldn't be back now, it felt like he had just gone. As much as I was in pain, I would rather this than the pain that Mason would inflict. I wasn't ready to face the wrath of him just yet. I was still basically naked, so if he wanted to, he would do anything to me. 

It slowly creaked open. Mila stuck her head around and slipped into the room. Observing the room she laid eyes on me, shutting the door behind her. Her feet quickly brought her over to me. Seeing my state, she pulled the towel up and tucked it around me, covering my exposed body. 

Sitting beside me on the bed, we both looked out the window. The beach seemed so calm. Stars shone through the darkness of the night. It was peaceful, for the first time in a while. Mila turned her body to face me.

"Do you want me to help you get changed?"

I nodded my head. Mila had seen me like this before, it really wasn't that different from a bikini anyway. I mean, we got changed in the same room all the time back home. We had been so close for so long, it was just kind of normal now. So I didn't mind that she saw me like this, but Mason, Mason I minded very much that saw me like this.

She helped me put on the shorts that were resting on the bed and then she searched for a shirt. The one I had out needed my arms to go through it, not the bed as well. I guess shirts weren't really designed to be put on when you were handcuffed to a bed. Mila pulled out a shirt that could be tied around my neck and then my back. Now that I was clothed, I shimmied myself up, propping myself against the bed head.

"I brought you some food."

Mila held out a bread roll and some soup for me.

"Thanks, but I'm not really hungry."

She nodded and placed it on the table beside me.

"Won't you get in trouble for being here with me?"

"No. I asked Ace before he left if I could see you and Mason hesitantly said yes. I was told that I had to leave you alone for a bit and that Liam would unlock your door when he got the word to. So as soon as Liam unlocked your door, I came."

Where could I have gone that he felt like he had to lock the door, it wasn't like I could silently escape attached to a bed. He must have thought I was an expert escape artist if he thought I could get both of my hands out of handcuffs, sneak past 2 full-grown, muscular men and multiple doors that undoubtedly had security systems monitoring them. Did he really think I was capable of that?

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah"

"What happened? I mean to get in this situation?"

"I didn't want to get changed in front of him"

"Oh." She paused "Has he ever, um tried anything with you?"

"You mean sex?"

Mila nodded her head

"I think he has been close to losing it a few times but no, he hasn't raped me."

It was silent for a bit.

"What about you?" I asked.

Mila turned her head to the side.