four

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"H-hey!" Doyoung stuttered, waving at the enthusiastic girl nervously.

With the presence of Hyunsuk, he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with him glaring at him like that. He seemed to like getting ready to shoot him with a gun and the poor boy wasn't prepared at all.

Doyoung quickly went into the kitchen to avoid them. No matter how much he wanted to talk with Areum, he couldn't resist Hyunsuk's persistent gaze.

When grandma Kim saw him enter the kitchen, she called him. "Help me give this extra Red Velvet cake to them as a blessing."

His eyes widened in fear. "W-what?! Grandma, you know how much her brother despises me." He said in a worried tone.

She sighed in annoyance, getting bored of him being easily afraid. "Dear, he is just a human like us. What are you even afraid of? I just want you to give this to them." She handed the cake to him.

Doyoung took it with pressed lips, agreeing with his grandmother but the coward side of him still remains.

"Face your fears." She patted his shoulder before going back to modify a new recipe.

He nodded his head then exits the kitchen slowly. He placed the Red Velvet cake on the table and was about to walk away until Areum said something and he didn't want to ignore her.

"Oh we didn't order this-?" She asked in confusion. "Wow it's the Red Velvet cake!"

"Y-yeah, grandmother gave it as a blessing. You don't have to pay, we gave it genuinely." He smiled, still trying his best not to stutter.

Hyunsuk was still glaring at him and Doyoung felt like he needed to scream out loud or splash Hyunsuk's face with a cream cheese so he could stop glaring at him.

He couldn't stand the tension as he began to feel anxious, sweats trickling down his forehead. He was getting petrified and perplexed.

He didn't know the girl noticed his discomfort. She already warned Hyunsuk and of course since he was her older brother, he won't listen to her.

Doyoung suddenly left the bakery in a rush, making her even more worried. Areum glared at Hyunsuk before running after Doyoung to ask him.

She still could see him trying to get in the bustling people so she followed him. Once both of them were out from the crowd, she grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Doyoung, are you alright? I'm worried." She asked, her eyes filled with concerns.

Doyoung looked down, not knowing how to answer. However, she knew the reason. "Is it because of Hyunsuk? Look, he was just—"

"Areum, can't you see? He hates me. He certainly doesn't want us to be friends. Don't you feel like we should end this?" He said in an upset tone which made her expression become grave.

She snickered. "I really like your courage to say that." She said sarcastically. "End this? Are you kidding me? Just because of that going to ruin our friendship?"

Doyoung sighed. "Okay I'm sorry, I'm just— stressed." He hugged her, trying to comfort her. "I'm so sorry. Please? I was overreacting." He patted her head.

The girl sighed, hugging him back. "Don't say that again okay? I forgive you." She pulled away to look at him in the eye.

Doyoung nodded while unknowingly caressing the back of her neck, admiring her. Then again, both of their hearts started to beat faster as they stared at each other's eyes deeply, forgetting the bustling place as if they were the only ones who stood there.

"Areum, h-have you ever feel something like this?" He held her hand and put it on his chest, trying to make her believe his rapid beating heart.

Her eyes widened at how fast his heart was beating, biting her lower lips as she started to feel shy. She didn't reply to him, still stunned.

Gripping her hand tightly on his chest, he spoke. "That's how I feel, whenever you're around me, Areum."

"I've been living for eighteen years and this is the first I feel like this. I know, you don't want me as your significant other or something because I'm just a cheap kid who doesn't even have a future. Your family doesn't even like me as your friend already, even more, if I'm your partner." He said with a sad tone.

The confession was driving both of them crazy. Areum was still shocked by his sudden confession while Doyoung was afraid of her answer. But he still has a lot of things to say more yet not all.

He sighed. "I feel like— I want to meet you and hug you every day, I feel excited whenever I see you. You're like a sun who shines during my darkest times, my everything."

"Areum, I think I fell in love with you." He whispered, slowly leaning towards her. "And it's not too early."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

author's note :

short chapter cause just wanna make you all suffer of curiosity ;)

vote, comment down your thoughts and follow me for updates ! stay tune <3