34

"I heard what happened at school today", Becca said as Jisung rejoined her downstairs in the living room.

"What kind of reaction should I have?"

"You're not in trouble."

"I still feel like I am."

"I'm glad you stood up for Jaemin. I like him, he's sweet."

Jisung hummed in agreement.

"And Imina."

"Mhm."

"Now, tell me if I'm wrong. I'm just asking. But your anger...is it being managed well?"

"Mostly. I don't usually do anything, I just want to but someone stops me."

"And if no one stops you?"

Jisung let his eyes meet his mothers. "I think I'd be suspended."

"It's normal to have anger but I just wanna ask, are you still holding it onto it...from before? Is it the move?"

"I really don't know. I mean, I just can't tolerate anything anymore and I don't know if it's because it's connected to Dad or maybe that I actually know how people can be and I'm not accepted it anymore...", He trailed off.

"Are you okay?"

The boy nodded.

"I take it your friends still don't know."

"They never asked."

"I think they're being polite but they might be curious."

"Probably."

"Are you afraid to talk about him?"

"Aren't you?"

"Yeah but I think for both of our sakes, we shouldn't be afraid of support. You know, everybody comes over in June but what about your friends? They're gonna worry and I don't know about their home lives but maybe they can sympathize better with losing a parent somehow."

"I'm still sorry for what I said to you before."

"That was years ago and I understand, you were upset."

"So were you. We both lost someone we love and I just-I just lost it and took it out you and I hate that I acted like I was the only one hurting and I said so many things."

Becca moved over to her son and placed her arms around him. Jisung leaned in to her touch, just to feel the calmness he always got from her.

"Baby, listen to me. People grieve in different ways." She started brushing her hand through his hair, causing his eyes to close. "I know you didn't mean everything you said. And it's over now. We're getting through it, right?"

"Mhm. Mom?"

"Hm?"

"Can I...I want a lot of affection today."

"Nap, movies or other?"

"Movie?"

"My room or the couch?"

"Your room. Your bed is comfortable."

Becca chuckled and kissed the top of his head. "Come on."

Jisung followed his mom upstairs and threw himself on her bed when he entered the room. He crawled over towards the middle and wanting for his mom to get next to them.

As soon as she did, he scooted over and wrapped her arms around her so he could use her stomach as a pillow. He felt her hand rest on his back and he snuggled closer against his mom.