56

"Last time I had a surprise, it was you coming over for dinner with your mom and grandparents, but you're already here."

"That was nice."

"We should do it again. Now, tell me where we're going please."

"Mina, do you know what the meaning of surprise is?"

The girl pouted, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She stayed silent until she felt something poke her side and yelped.

Jisung chuckled and turned up the radio. "Your favorite song is on."

Jisung was right as the music blasted through speakers. It calmed Imina and improved her mood even more. Once the song was over, she was right back to pestering Jisung until she realized it was another song she didn't wanna talk through.

Jisung smiled at her mouthing the lyrics and dancing to the song.

Finally, they arrived at their destination. Jisung told Imina to wait and then she heard fumbling in the trunk. She knew that she was safe and the boy was somewhere near there but she started to grow nervous since she couldn't see.

When Jisung came back and opened her door, the first thing she did was put her arms up and trap him in a hug.

"Hey, you okay?"

"It's just weird 'cause I can't see."

"Right. Uh, give me your hand."

Imina gave Jisung her hand and let him guide her out of the car. The warm air hit her, unfortunately not being enough to hint at her where she was. She grew more curious and felt the urge to open her eyes.

Jisung noticed her internal battle, chuckling at her cute, squished face, and decided to help by covering her eyes with his hand. It startled the girl at first but then she relaxed.

Her sense were heightened as she tried to figure out what was around her. Everything seemed still and quiet, which only made her more curious. Then, she heard the faint rustle of trees as the wind picked up.

"I have no idea where we are", She said.

"You'll see in, like, one minute", Jisung told her as he continued leading her somewhere.

It didn't take long before he removed his hand. With her eyes still closed, Imina guessed at where the boy was, trying to look at him as she asked, "Can I open my eyes?"

"Mhm."

Imina opened her eyes to see the same water fountain she'd brought Jisung to in the earlier stages of their friendship. She gasped when she saw the water shoot up and fall into curves around the smaller fountain inside it that gradually elevated as it pumped upwards and fell downwards.

The evening sky was more blue this time, with specks of orange and pink throughout. The couple stared up at the sky in wonderment, finding it just as beautiful as they had the first time they saw it.

Imina backed up until she felt Jisungs chest and smiled when he placed at arm around her. Then he made them even closer by placing his other arm around her so he was properly backhugging her.

The sky got the slightest bit darker, still pretty light as it always was when it was approaching summer. The couple admired it for a while before Jisung remembered the other thing he had.

"Imina, there's food."

"Why didn't you say so?" She exclaimed, turning around to see the picnic Jisung laid out.

She leaned up and kissed his cheek before sitting down, immediately getting to work on opening the containers. Imina was delighted when she opened a container and saw her mom's lasagna.