39

TW: Silent homophobia

I'm sorry :/

Jisung walked into Desserts of Gold, immediately greeted by a nice-dressed, miserable-looking Ezra at a table, eating mini cupcakes and Imina behind the counter, watching him in pity. 

"Why's he like that?" He asked once he was in front of the girl.

Imina sighed. "So, this guy asked him on a date and Daniel being the considerate person he is, encouraged Ezra to go on it to see if he'd be happier with someone else since they're taking things slow, doing the whole dates-first thing."

"I take it that guy didn't show up?"

"Nope. Ezra waited at his house for an hour and got no reply to texts before deciding to come here and distract himself by baking and then eating away his feelings."

An idea sparked in Jisung and he shot a quick smile at the girl before going over to Ezra.

"Do you still wanna go?"

The older boy looked up, midway to stuffing another cupcake into his mouth, confusion evident on his face. "Go where?"

"On a date."

"Are you offering?" 

"Yeah, I am."

Ezra almost dropped his cupcake, eyes widening and mouth falling open. His cousin has a similar reaction, neither expecting the offer from the tall boy.

"Um, I appreciate you volunteering but it's okay."

"Come on", Jisung urged. "You got all dressed up and we both know you deserve better than to sit here like this. You should be enjoying yourself like you planned. Let me help you, please."

"Okay, fine", the boy grumbled and stood up from the table.

"Great." He looked back at the counter. "Imina, we'll be back."

"Keep him as long as you like!" She called after them, seeing Ezra get dragged out of the shop.

When they got to Ezras car, Jisung looked over at him. "Can I drive?"

"You know how?"

"I have a license, my mom wanted me to be prepared. I just don't have a car or mind walking."

"Oh, okay."

Ezra deposited the keys in his hand and walked around the car, only to find the younger boy grinning as he held the passenger door open. He rolled his eyes but couldn't stop the small smile that made its way onto his face.

"So what do you wanna do?" Jisung asked as they drove down the street.

"We were planning on playing laser tag."

"Do you want to do that, still?"

"I don't mind, if that's what you're asking."

"Is there something else you wanna do? It doesn't have to be laser tag."

"Well, there's a movie that came out that I kinda wanna see bu-"

"We'll watch it."

The quickness of his agreement startled Ezra. "You don't even know what movie it is."

"And?"

"You agreed."

Jisung glanced over at the older boy. "All that matters is that you wanna see it. I'm gonna watch it with you no matter what so it's not that important that I know what it is."

"What if it was a horror movie?"

"You're gonna have to comfort me, then."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're flirting."