43

Ezra: Are you jealous?

Jisung: about?

Ezra: I think you know

Imina being on a date with Renjun

Jisung: No I'm fine

She's just helping him out

That's what he kept telling himself. It had been a shock when he'd seen Iminas text suggesting her and their friend go on a date but he was trying to be rational.

The only problem was that he was failing.

He was jealous. He'd liked that he'd gotten to go on a date with the girl but now someone else did too. And the person was amazing.

Though he was suspicious of where Renjuns feelings fell, he wouldn't be surprised if Imina developed a crush on him. Jisung was quite confident about his sexuality—straight—but he knew that if he did swing the other way, he was likely to have a crush on one of his friends.

Going back to his main concern, he began reflecting on his moments with Imina since he realized he liked her. He was hoping there'd be some big telltale sign proving her feelings for him that he'd just missed beforehand.

"Good morning!" Imina greeted with a smile as they began their walk to school.

"Morning."

"How was your weekend?"

"It was okay. How was yours? How was it with Renjun?"

"Pretty good. Chenle is a very fast learner. And hanging out with Renjun was nice. It was pretty calming in the art museum and Renjun is nice to talk to."

Jisung nodded.

They continued on in silence for most of their walk, until Imina stopped five minutes away from their school.

"Did I do something?"

Her words came out harsher than she intended but her face showed that it was more out of worry, making Jisung felt bad.

He forgot she was overthinker too and his difference in behavior couldn't have helped.

"You didn't. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I've been quiet."

"You don't have to apologize for that. Don't feel sorry. I just thought you were bad at me."

"Then I'm sorry for making you think that. I'm just being weird again."

"Are you really okay?"

Jisung nodded. "I'm okay."

The girl wasn't sure she believed him but went along with it anyway and extended her arms for a hug which the rose-gold-haired boy gladly stepped into.

He liked the way Imina leaned up to put her arms around his neck, making their hug feel closer and more intimate. Imina had chosen an apple-scented perfume that he tried not to sniff. (It smelled really good, okay?) Plus, he thought it was cute that even though she tiptoed, she still dragged him down so she could hug him properly.

Once they let go, she took his hand and began power-walking in the direction of their school so they wouldn't be late.

"It's about time", Haechan said when the two finally showed up.

"Sorry", Jisung apologized with a grin that said he wasn't sorry at all, making the brunet roll his eyes.

During their last class before lunch, the girl remembered something and waited until she got free time to text her friends.