38

"Why do you seem so hyper?" Jisung asked as they met up in front of the bakery, their unofficial meeting spot.

"I'm just excited", Imina told him with a grin, eyes sparkling.

There was a certain energy about her today was pulling Jisung in even more than the girl usually did. Nothing different about her but it was like she was glowing.

Her long light-brown hair fell down her back and over her shoulders but the color of her sparkly, bright red cropped t-shirt peeked through. She had paired it with dark blue skinny jeans and high-top Vans.

Maybe she just looks different, Jisung guessed at this was definitely different from the preppy style the girl had when she went to school.

To be honest, Imina had absolutely no idea what the cause of her good mood was. She's been out with Jisung before so there was no reason for this to be different. There was nothing different about him. Yet, she couldn't stop the giddiness that flowed through her and she didn't even try to stop it from showing. She couldn't.

Once they reached the roller-skating place, she practically dragged Jisung inside. Energy filled her and she was gonna spend it on her time with her best friend.

They got their skates and Imina finished putting her owns a lot quicker than Jisung remembered her doing.

With a smile, she stood in front of Jisung and held her hands out.

He gave her a small smile back and placed his hands in her hers, covering them. He found it cute as her smaller hands moved over his to hold them as best she could.

She began moving backwards, constantly looking behind her to make sure not to run into anyone. She stepped onto the rink first and looked up at Jisung, laughing a little.

"You ready?"

"I'm scared", Jisung admitted.

He was certain he was gonna fall down, especially as it had been a long time since they've gone. He barely trusted himself on the carpet but the rink was so much worse. It was slippery and fast and there were so many people going around he couldn't help thinking of the possibilities.

"Hey." Iminas voice broke him out of his thoughts and he looked at her. "Remember what I said when we went ice-skating? Don't look down and focus on me or whatever helps you. Plus, I'm literally holding you up and I'm stronger than I look so I won't let you fall."

The comment made him laugh. He called her 'Shortstack' for a reason. She was small compared to him and the thought of her holding him was too funny not to laugh at it. And, the idea was cute.

He couldn't help but say it to her. "You're cute."

"Oh?" The comment took her by surprise, getting the shocked but quiet reaction out of her.

She looked up at Jisung with her pretty, brown eyes and the boy felt himself crumbling. He knew he would be a puddle on the floor by the end of the day.

And it's because of one person.

Imina Pil.

"Ji, I can feel your body shaking", Imina said as she started guided him on the rink.

"I'm nervous."

"You weren't this nervous last time."

I didn't like you last time.

He keeps quiet, just focusing on her and they move around the large, oval rink. Every once in a while, he'll slip and feel like his heart his about to drop out of his chest but Imina reassures him that she won't let him fall.