Chapter 27

Matt's POV: After having breakfast with my girls in bed, I smiled when I came back up to bed in my boxers. Yes, I have been walking around the house in my boxers and I knew that Gabby was enjoying the sight of me walking into our room in my boxers. "You like this?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I asked her that. "I want you to come join me in bed again." I nodded and smiled when Gabby told me that, walking right over to bed. But first, I went to check on Sofia after I saw that Gabby moved her back to her crib. "Why'd you put her back in her crib babe?"

Gabby sighed. "Because I just want to get comfortable with you. I'm still tired anyways." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she told me that, understanding why that was the case. I mean, she just gave birth to her less than 48 hours ago so, it's understandable that she would want to have me alone in bed for a while. "Do you want me to just hold you in my arms for a while?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I asked her that. "I'm not wearing a bra if that makes you more inclined to agree to my proposition." I laughed and agreed with Gabby as I got in bed.

Slipping in bed to Gabby, I smiled as I went to lay down on my beck and just looked at her. "On my side or on my back?" Gabby agreed with me. "The first one." Going to grab the tv remote, Gabby gave it to me before crawling over to me so that she can come cuddle up to me under the covers. And honestly, I am not going to complain that she wants to cuddle up to me like this. I mean, what guy doesn't like it when his wife doesn't wear a bra. "Can you stay braless for a while? I like the sight of this body like this." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she laid down.

Going to grab the covers after Gabby laid down on my chest, I smiled as I went to tug them up just like she wanted

Going to grab the covers after Gabby laid down on my chest, I smiled as I went to tug them up just like she wanted. Gabby was always cold in bed when she wasn't wearing a bra. Yet, she still wanted to please me and I really appreciated it. My girl is hot and I want her to show off for me whenever she can. Moving my hand to her back, I smiled as I scratched it and then kissed her forehead softly. Just holding Gabby close to me, I smiled because of how sexy Gabby was. "I love you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me, grabbing the covers as she held them ont op of us.

"I love you too and I'm very comfortable like this." I nodded and agreed with her. "You always are." Gabby smiled when I told her that before going to nuzzle her head into the crook of my neck. "And you just love putting your head there don't you?" Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I told her that before going to kiss my chest softly. "I swear, you're the best pillow a woman can ever have." I just laughed when she told me that before feeling Gabby move her legs in between mine. Meanwhile, I went to wrap my legs around hers and just held her close to me.

"Now you can't move." Gabby laughed and agreed with me. Meanwhile, I went to kiss her forehead and just smiled because I was really happy right now. "You happy that Sofia went back to sleep?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah. It means that I get some time alone with the man I love." I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she told me that before proceeding to kiss the side of her head. Putting my hand on her back, I smiled as I went to stroke it with my thumb. "So, anything you want to talk about?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I asked her that.

"Guess, just how you're enjoying fatherhood so far?" I smiled when Gabby asked me that. "I'm loving fatherhood. It's the best feeling in the entire world." Gabby just smiled and agreed with me when I said that, probably already knowing that was the case. Going to the back of her head, I went to stroke the back of her head while tugging her head up. I then moved her lips to mine and smiled as I took it slow with her. "God, you're so beautiful." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I told her that. "And you are extremely sexy. And don't say anything to the contrary."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I told her that. She then proceeded to slip up my chest before leaning down to kiss her softly. Bending down, she went to kiss me nice and slowly. "God, you are such a tease." I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she told me that. I then proceeded to wrap my arms around her back and smiled because this was sexy. "Just remember that you need to take it easy babe. You can't over exert yourself." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I told her that. "I know Matt. Believe me when I say that I know I need to take things easy."

I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she told me that, enjoying the feeling of Gabby on my chest. But right now, we just need to relax. Going to kiss Gabby's forehead as we held each other close, I just smiled. "You want me to turn the TV on or something?" Gabby agreed with me when I asked her that and just smiled. "I think that we should...I mean, we don't  want to have another baby yet now do we?" Looking down at Gabby, I smiled at the idea and then wrapped my arm around her hair. Going to run my fingers through her hair, I just smiled at her. "MATT!"

I laughed when Gabby said that and just bent down to kiss her while wrapping my arms around. "I'm kidding Gabby. Of course we aren't ready for another baby. Sofia is a newborn." Gabby agreed with me when I told her that and just smiled. Laying her head down on my shoulder more, Gabby smiled. Meanwhile, I went to go kiss her forehead as we both held each other close. "Do you want anything?" Gabby shook her head. "Nope. I mean, other than you to just hold me like this for the rest of my day." I smiled and agreed with her, kissing her forehead softly.

"Maybe we can talk...like about how you're feeling after giving birth?" Gabby agreed with me when I asked her that. "You're worried that I'm still hurting don't you?" I sighed and agreed with Gabby when she asked me that. "Gabby, I'm always going to be worried." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I told her that before going to kiss my chest. Moving to nuzzle her head into the crook my neck neck again, Gabby just smiled because we were both very comfortable right now. I mean, this is exactly what we both want to be doing right now. Nothing like this.

"You want to take a walk later?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I think that'll be fun. And we should go either soon...or later tonight. I don't want her to get too hot." I nodded when she told me that. "Are you saying that you want me to get up and get dressed to take a walk with Sofia in her baby carrier?" Gabby then thought about it and sighed. "You know what, let's just say here. I know they say to take your baby out but...I'm not ready to do it in Chicago." I agreed with her when she said that and just took a breath. "Can I ask you a question?"

Gabby nodded when I asked her that, looking up at me. "Of course babe." I then took a breath while looking into her eyes. "Are you worried about the Chicago gun violence?" Gabby bit her lip when I asked her that and just nodded as she went to lay her head down on my chest. I figured that was the case and just sighed. "Gabby, she'll be safe. I promise." Gabby agreed with me when I told her that before going to wrap her arms around my torso. Putting my hand on her back, I went to rub it and just smiled because I was comfortable with Gabby right now.

"Promise me we don't move from here today?" I laughed when Gabby asked me that. "I can't promise you that because I'm the one who needs to get Sofia." Gabby then went to push herself up off my chest and smiled at me. "Want me to bring her into bed with us?" I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she asked me that. "I actually really like that idea to tell you the truth. It sounds perfect." Gabby just smiled and agreed with me when I told her that. Going to grab her neck, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly before taking it nice and slow with her.

However, it wasn't long before we were disturbed. Pulling away from the kiss, Gabby went to lay her head down on my chest and kissed my chest softly. "God, why now?" I laughed and agreed with Gabby when she told me that before going to reach over for my phone. Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was my friend Jason. "Oh babe, can you sit up? I have to take this. It's a friend of mine." Gabby looked at me. "And it's not one of my friends?" Turning my head, I smiled at her. "It's Jason Kannell, Squad 3, Shift 3." Gabby agreed with me and smiled when I said that.

Gabby agreed with me when I told her that and smiled. "Right, him. Okay...we can talk to him." Going to roll over onto her back, Gabby smiled as she just relaxed in bed. Meanwhile, I went to answer my phone so that we could talk to my friend Jason.