Chapter 103

Meanwhile, at the CFD Headquarters - Paramedics Office:
Hawkins' POV: As I sit in my office here at HQ, I sigh considering I'm in the middle of doing a bunch of paperwork. There was a crash yesterday with one of the ambos and I just got the report. Apparently, there's no way to repair it...and now, I need to do a whole bunch of paperwork so that we can convince the CFD board to buy a new ambulance for Firehouse 28. God, I just wish this didn't happen yesterday since I wanted to be home with Violet. Yes, Violet stayed over at my place last night and I was really happy about it. And even better, we're official.

But let's just say that her ex is not that thrilled whenever I come to the firehouse to see her on shift. Sue a guy for wanting to see his girlfriend if he's in that part of town. It's not my fault that calls take me there. That's when I heard a knock at the door. Looking up, I smiled when I saw Violet there. "Hey." Violet just laughed and smiled at me. "You busy with that paperwork? Or have you ate yet?" Going to look at the time, I sighed. "God, I didn't even realize the time." She agreed with me when I said that and smiled as she came to walk into my office. "Here, food."

Watching as Violet closed me door, I smiled as I went to get up and smiled as I went to walk over to her. Smiling at me, Violet went to put her hand on my cheek and smiled as she kissed me. I then took it slow with her and smiled as I put my hands on her hips. "Ok, time to calm down. Remember, I'm at work and this isn't exactly professional." Violet agreed with me when I told her that and just smiled at me as she went to go sit down on the other side of my desk. "Here, just make sure that you eat." I nodded and agreed with her when she told me that.

"I could take a break." She nodded and agreed with me when I said that and just smiled as she went to sit down in the chairs. Meanwhile, I went to get close to my desk while grabbing the sandwich that she made for me. "Thanks for doing this." Violet smiled when I said that before going to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's fine. I'm bored anyways since the bar doesn't open for another hour." I looked at her when she told me that. "You're going to a bar?" Violet just looked at me when I said that. "The bar my paramedic partner owns. Molly's?" I agreed with her.

"Right, I forgot." She nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "What are you up to? What was so important?" I sighed. "I needed to fill out some forms to get us a new ambulance for firehouse 25." Violet was shocked when I said that. "Ambo 80?" I agreed with her. "What shift? I'm friends with Foxborough." I took a breath and went to look at her. "Oh god, it was her. Is she ok?" I nodded. "Yes, she's fine. She's just a little rattled. Taking a break for a few weeks. I just need a new PIC for her shift. I'm trying to find somebody...and I was thinking Dawson."

Violet shook her head when I said that. "She's in no condition to do it." I was confused when she said that. "How do you know?" Violet laughed when I asked her that. "She's married to my Captain." I then realized that. "Right, the one who just gave birth. Okay, I remember that now. Thanks for reminding me." Violet agreed with me when I told her that. "Maybe you can get Brett over there. Or did they fire her?" I sighed. "She's been applying to get back in. I just don't know what to do. I know what she did to Dawson so, I'm just worried about giving her another shot."

Violet sighed when I told her that and just agreed with me. "I'm not going to tell you what to do but...just know that paramedics are a close bunch. We all talk when we're at the hospital together. We also stand up for each other. People love Gabby and they are not going to be happy if she's hired again." I agreed with her and gulped when she said that. "Okay, that makes sense. Then it looks like I'm not going to be hiring her back." Violet agreed with me when I told her that and smiled at me. "Yeah, that makes sense. So that means I need to hire a new paramedic."

Violet agreed with me when I said that. "I think that you need to transfer some people around." I smirked when she said that. "I could always do a ride along with a certain paramedic." Violet laughed and agreed with me when I said that. She then proceeded to get up and just smiled as she came to walk over to me. Turning around in my chair to face her, I smiled when she came to sit down in my lap. Putting my hands on her back, I smiled when Violet put her hands on my neck and then proceeded to take it slow with her. "I love you." Violet smiled at me.

Going to lean our foreheads against each other's, I just smiled because of how happy we both were right now. "You going to stay here at the office longer?" I smirked when Violet asked me that. "God, I know that I need to but....you're just so tempting to go home to. How about you stay here for a while? I need to send some e-mails and stuff. I need to send some updated materials to Matt Casey for his Battalion Chief course on paramedicine. They haven't updated it yet." Leaning back, Violet looked at me. "Casey's going to be a Battalion Chief?"

Looking at her as she got up, I nodded and agreed with Violet when she told me that before watching as she went to walk around my desk once again. She then went to sit down in my chairs again and smiled. "He didn't tell you guys?" Violet shook her head. "No. I didn't know anything about this. When did he start?" Going to turn my head, I went to look at my e-mails. "The CFD academy just sent me the request today. So, he must've just started the course today." Violet agreed with me. "Wow, that's incredible. How long does it take to do those courses?"

I sighed. "It's different for battalion chiefs compared to paramedic chiefs. They have to learn twice as much since they also deal with fires along with ambulances. I think thought it may take about a year if he does it. But maybe a year-and-a-half at the most." Violet agreed with me when I said that and just smiled at me. "Well, that's great for them. I know that they're going to need the money with two kids. I still can't believe that they adopted another baby." I laughed and agreed with her when she said that before going to slip close to my computer again.

I then went to go open my e-mail and just took a breath. "I swear, it's like all of the ambulance A/Cs are going all at once." Violet laughed. "Don't even start. God, Ambulance 61 is just so sweaty recently. It's like they want us to burn in there. They must've removed the cooling again." Turning my head, I went to look at her. "You want me to put a rush on it?" Violet shook her head. "Hey, of course not. I don't want to abuse my status as your girlfriend." I smiled and agreed with her when she told me that. "Of course not. By the way, love the name girlfriend."

Violet laughed and just agreed with me when I said that, watching me eat a bit of lunch. "Listen, you really should get back to work." I sighed when she said that. "Yeah, I know. But I wish I could just go home. Maybe I can bring my laptop home and we can work together instead?" Violet smiled when I said that. "Are you allowed to do that? Can you really do that?" I nodded and agreed with Violet when she asked me that. "Well, considering I'm a chief...I think I can." Violet smiled and agreed with me. "Maybe we can spend a bit of time together first."

I nodded and agreed with her when she told me that. "God, stop teasing me." Violet smirked when I said that and just agreed with me. "You want me to stay or are you going to come home?" I smiled and agreed with her when she told me that. "I'm going to meet you at home. You have to drive home first." Violet smiled and agreed with me. "But I just got here." I looked at her when she told me that and smiled. "Just go, I'm on my way." She agreed with me and smiled. "Want me to bring the food home?" I shook my head. "I'll eat here. But then I'll meet you at home."

Violet agreed with me when I said that. "Get changed. I know you went to work out this morning." I agreed with her. "I promise. Now just get out of here so I can finish." Violet agreed and just nodded as she came to walk over to me quickly. Putting her hands on my cheeks, she smiled as she leaned down to kiss me softly. "See you at home." I nodded and agreed with her when she told me that. "See you at home." Violet agreed with me when I said that before going to walk away so that she could head home. Meanwhile, I went to go eat my lunch quickly so I could finish my work and head home.