Chapter 30

Matt's POV: After spending the past 30 minutes starting the laundry and checking my e-mails on my laptop, I smiled as I came back upstairs to me and Gabby's room so that I could cuddle up to Sofia either in bed or on the couch here in the our room. Seeing that Gabby was still asleep in bed, I decided to walk over to Sofia's crib so that I could pick her up. If I can't cuddle up to my girl in bed, then I might as well cuddle up to my princess on the couch. Going to walk up to her crib, I smiled as I went to pick her up in my arms and then went to carry her towards the couch.

"Hi princess, you want to cuddle up to daddy on the couch here in mommy and daddy's room?" Going to walk over with her, I smiled as I went to sit down on the couch in there with Sofia's blanket around her. I then went to grab a pillow and just moved it behind my back so that I was comfortable with Sofia. Looking at her, I went to grab a blanket and went to cover the both of us. God, now this is perfect. Looking down at Sofia, I smiled as I went to kiss her forehead softly. "Hi baby girl, you comfortable here in daddy's arms?" I smiled at her and kisses her forehead softly.

That's when I felt her move so that she was much more comfortable in my arms. I didn't know why exactly, but I didn't care because I was just happy to be holding her close to me. She is such a beautiful baby girl and I'm so proud to be her daddy. Going to kiss her forehead, I just smiled at my baby girl. That's when I felt my phone vibrate. Yes, I have my phone with me here next to me. I wanted to have it just in case. Now, let's check who's bothering us right now. Going to pick up my phone, I went to see who texted me. That's when I saw it was Severide, smiling at the text.

'I swear, it's like they just want to hold on tight and not let go.'

I agreed with Severide when he texted me that before looking down at Sofia as I went to kiss her forehead softly. "Think maybe you can smile for me baby girl? I think that daddy's best friend wants to see a picture of his niece." Going to rub her bottom, I smiled as I put my phone up and then went to take a picture of both me and Sofia while kissing her forehead. Once I took it, I went to go send it to Severide with the caption of. 'I know that I am definitely not going to be letting go of this lil' one for years to come.' Sending the text, I smiled as I looked down at Sofia.

"I think your uncle Severide is in love with you almost as much as I am baby girl. He keeps asking daddy for some pictures. Not that I mind sending them to his friends. Daddy loves to show off just how beautiful his baby girl is. And boy does he already love you." Bending down, I went to kiss Sofia's forehead again and just smiled because my daughter is the most beautiful little girl in the entire world. Then again, I am pretty biased since Sofia is my daughter. Going to stroke her lil' bottom again, I smiled as I went to kiss her forehead before putting my hand on her back.

'God, she's just so adorable man. You like being a dad so far?'

Seeing that I got another text from Severide, I went to grab my phone again and then read the text. I just smiled and agreed with his text. 'I love it. And I'm also madly in love with both my daughter and even more so with Gabby. God, she is so strong and I just love her more for giving me our lil' girl.' Setting my phone back down, I just looked down at Sofia. I then smiled at her and went to rub her back, kissing her forehead softly. "You know that daddy loves you more than anything in the entire world right baby girl. Well, maybe not as much as your mommy but still.."

I then took a breath and just smiled. "You are pretty much neck and neck. Still, I need to love your mommy more if daddy ever wants to have a baby boy to carry on his name." Kissing her forehead again. "But right now, I'm really happy with you sweetheart. And there's nobody I would rather be holding right now. You are adorable and god, the sight of you nuzzling your head into the crook of my neck is adorable. You look so much like your mommy when you do it and I am so glad that this is how you look right now. You're just so adorable baby girl."