9: he did what?!

"I'm not the one who's so far away when I feel the snake bite into my vein." — Nirvana

Nyx pov:

"Get away from me!" I pushed off whoever had shaken me awake and screamed."What the hell woman?! What's wrong?!!" I recognized the voice and looked up, seeing his red eyes. "D-Draven?" I clung onto him, shaking. Startled, he tried asking me calmly.

"Nyx...what's wrong? Why are you freaking out? Did you have a bad dream?" He stroked my back, hoping to calm me down, failing to do so. I finally managed to get a hold of myself and let out one word.

"Lucien..."

He froze, hoping that what he was thinking wasn't true. "What about that asshole? Did you have a bad dream about him or something?" I nodded. "Y-Yes...h-he said I was his....mate? I don't know what that means...and he told me I had no control over my own dream and he demanded to know where I was...'' I could feel Draven's body stiffen and tense up. "Nyx...I'm sure it was just a nightmare. Incubi can't enter a human's dream without some kind of intimate contact. It's impossible."

"B-But he did...he um...K-Kissed me...back when I was at the castle..." Draven's heart stopped and he froze, unable to talk due to the anger he was feeling. He mumbled something, inaudible.

"W-What? I didn't want him to...I didn't know he was going to...I swear!" Finally, Draven spoke, well yelled.

"I'M GOING TO KILL THAT FUCKING BASTARD FOR EVEN TOUCHING YOU!!!! Don't apologize for something you didn't cause. That bastard is going to pay..."

"What are we going to do...?" I asked to which he replied "Don't worry princess. We'll figure something out. Get some sleep, okay?"

"don't leave..." Draven held onto me, refusing to let me go. "I promise, I'm not leaving you after that." I realized that someone was missing.

"Draven? Where's Malik?" I asked him. "Malik? Oh, he's back at the castle, it's hard to explain, I'll tell you later, Okay? Now, get some rest, I'll be right by your side." I nodded and laid back down, and fell into a deep slumber...Hoping that I would not have another encounter with the prince of Hell...

Dravens pov:

I grabbed her hand and led her into a nice bedroom upstairs where she would be staying. "My room is next to yours. So, if you need anything tell me. Malik's is downstairs. If you hear anything, let one of us know."

"I will"

"Goodnight, princess" I let go of the girl's hand and left the room, closing the door behind me. i headed back downstairs and noticed Malik was missing

"Where the Hell did that fucker go now?" I checked every room, but there was no sign of him. I lastly checked outside and saw the shadow demon out on the front porch. "What the hell are you doing out here malik? it's fucking freezing out here!" Malik sighed and shook his head.

"Leaving. I have to head back to the castle soon. If I'm gone for much longer Lucien will eventually notice and suspect something is going on. Take care of that mate of yours." Malik started to walk away and suddenly stopped when I said his name. "Yes?" he asked.

"What if something happens while you're gone?" Once again the white-haired male sighed at the red eyed demon. "Draven, you still have the amulet. If something happens, contact me with that. If you are somehow found, hold them off long enough until we can come up with a plan." I grunted in response. "Fine...do me a favor and don't get your ass caught Malik" Leaving, Malik lastly replied. "You have my word, I won't fail you. Farewell, for now."

I watched as the male faded away into the distance before eventually going back inside. I walked upstairs and went inside my bedroom, sitting on top of my bed and grabbing a book to read. About an hour later I noticed something. Something didn't feel right. The Air, it's...too still. Then I heard my mate scream from her bedroom. "Nyx?!"

I got up and quickly ran into her room. "What the hell? Why are you screaming?!" I tried shaking her awake but was unable to wake her up. Suddenly she screamed and pushed me away from her. "Get away from me!" She screamed. "What the hell woman?! What's wrong?!!" My girl stopped, and looked up and recognized the familiar red eyes, and relaxed.

"D-Draven?" She clung onto me, shaking, startling me. What's wrong with her...? She's acting strangely. There's no way she could have..? No, I'm just paranoid. I thought to myself. I tried to ask her calmly instead of yelling in my usual harsh demeanor "Nyx...what's wrong? Why are you freaking out? Did you have a bad dream?" I stroked her back, hoping to calm her down, failing to do so. She finally managed to get a hold of herself and let out one word.

"Lucien..." I froze, hoping that what I was thinking wasn't true. Fuck...I think I'm right...but how? I thought once more. I tried to get a hold of myself and asked, still keeping a calm tone in my voice, yet a little harsh. "What about that asshole? Did you have a bad dream about him or something?" she nodded. "Y-Yes...h-he said I was his....mate? I don't know what that means...and he told me I had no control over my own dream and he demanded to know where I was..." my body stiffened. Fuck...

My thoughts were out of control and I was internally panicking. I kept telling myself that she was just having a nightmare, that was all. I looked into her eyes and sternly told her. "Nyx...I'm sure it was just a nightmare. Incubi can't enter a human's dream without some kind of intimate contact. It's impossible." I was sure I saw tears starting to form in her eyes.

"B-But he did...he um...K-Kissed me...back when I was at the castle..." my heart stopped and i froze, unable to talk due to the anger i was feeling. "I'm gonna rip the fucker's body limb by limb for touching you..." my mate looked up at me with her green eyes forming tears. "W-What? I didn't want him to...I didn't know he was going to...I swear!" She said, trying to explain herself. Finally, I spoke, well yelled.

"I'M GOING TO KILL THAT FUCKING BASTARD FOR EVEN TOUCHING YOU!!!! Don't apologize for something you didn't cause. That bastard is going to pay..."

she asked me "What are we going to do...?"

"Don't worry princess. We'll figure something out. Get some sleep, okay?" she clung to me tighter.

"Don't leave..." I held onto her, refusing to let her go. "I promise, I'm not leaving you after that."

"Draven? Where's Malik?" She asked him. "Malik? Oh, he's back at the castle, it's hard to explain, I'll tell you later, Okay? Now, get some rest, I'll be right by your side." my girl nodded and laid back down, and fell into a deep slumber...Once she was asleep i placed a kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well, my princess" I left the room, and went outside.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! HOW DARE THAT BASTARD EVEN LAY A HAND ON HER! I"LL FUCKING KILL HIM!" Calming myself down, i grabbed the amulet and tried to contact Malik after i went back inside. Finally, i got through to him. "I Just got back to the castle. What's wrong?"

"Malik, we have a problem. But first, I want to make one thing fucking clear. The only one killing Lucien, Is me."