10: where is he?

"I'm not the kind of person who gives up just like that. Oh, no. I'm gonna get myself back on track." — Beyoncé

maliks pov:

"That is enough for me, Miss Nyx. You should get some rest now, we will keep an eye out and take the measures we need if we are found."

"Okay..."

I smiled at my mate before turning to look at Draven. "I Know malik. Come on princess, I'll

show you your room." After They went upstairs I frowned, saddened she did not remember

me. Damn...What the hell has that curse done to her? Sometimes being a demon sucks. If only...she wasn't chosen in her family to become the vessel, then she would have never forgotten me...

I stood up and went outside to stand on the front porch, and enjoy the cool air. I'll have to leave soon. Any longer and Lucien will suspect something is going on, especially after the attack in the courtyard. I stood there for a bit longer before hearing Draven's distinct voice.

"What the hell are you doing out here malik? it's fucking freezing out here!" I sighed and shook my head "Leaving. I have to head back to the castle soon. If I'm gone for much longer Lucien will eventually notice and suspect something is going on. Take care of the girl for me." I started to walk away and suddenly stopped when Draven yelled my name. "Yes?" I asked.

"What if something happens while you're gone?" Once again I sighed at the red eyed demon. "Draven, you still have the amulet. If something happens, contact me with that. If you are somehow found, hold them off long enough until we can come up with a plan." Draven grunted in response.

"Fine...do me a favor and don't get your ass caught Malik" Leaving, I lastly replied. "You have my word, I won't fail you. Farewell, for now, my prince."

It was past nightfall when I arrived at the castle gates, seeing a familiar figure right by them. Akryn, he thought. "And where have you been Malik?" The Brunette asked me. Quickly thinking of an excuse I replied. "I was hunting." I doubt if Akryn would believe me. After all, he was the only one I could never fool. Akryn spoke, disbelief clear in his voice. "Hunting you say? Why's that? Shouldn't your duties as a guard be more important Malik?" I scoffed. "Seriously Akryn, get that stick out of your ass, it's annoying. So what? I went hunting, big deal" Akryn rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"It is a big deal, Malik. While you were away on your little 'hunting trip', the girl was taken and the courtyard was attacked. Several guards are dead Malik." I stared at Akryn and rolled my eyes, sighing.

"I don't understand why you're so obsessed with that human for. I can see Lucien being obsessed, I mean that is his mate and all" Akryn stared coldly at me "I'm not. I just don't want to see an innocent human die." I knew where this topic was going and quickly used it to my advantage.

"Then why not go after her?" I asked. " "You know, I can't. If Lucien found out I went against his orders he'll.." I stopped him, anger clear in my voice. "Kill your family? Like his family threatened to do over a decade ago if you tried to protect Draven and his family? If this is the only reason you say that you're loyal to him then your so-called loyalty is fake. You're only a pawn to him, an expendable one at that. Besides, what has that Bastard of a father ever done for you anyway? He killed your mother Akryn. Why should you care what happens to him or your siblings? They don't seem to give a damn about you or even care about your mother's death. If it's true that you don't want to see an innocent human die as your mother did, then you'll do something about it. Make your decision, but the longer you stay under Lucien, the faster you'll die like the rest of us."

I left Akryn and headed inside the castle. Sure, I felt bad for Akyrn and could see why he did what he did, but that didn't mean it didn't piss me off. I know, if Akryn ends up finding Draven, he'll only have two choices. To die, or to cooperate. Willingly, or unwillingly made no difference to me if it meant my precious mate was safe and out of harm's way. I made it to my room and entered it. Before I could do anything to relax my amulet was glowing, meaning Draven was trying to contact me. "You've got to be kidding me.."

Sighing, I answered it. "I Just got back to the castle. What's wrong?" I could hear Draven's voice, It was shaking, full of anger and panic. "Malik, we have a problem, But first, I want to make one thing fucking clear. The only one killing Lucien, Is me ​​​​​​...Lucien has entered her dream in an attempt to find out where she is." I froze. "There's no way, the only way Incubi can enter a human's dream is through some form of intimate contact." Sighing Draven replied. "Malik, he did. He kissed her back at the castle" i stopped speaking, trying to not crush the amulet with my hand. I chuckled darkly and finally spoke.

That bastard laid his filthy hands on my precious Nyx, the same bastard who dares call himself our prince, the same Bastard who claims that us shadow demons are no mere threat. Well...let me show him how wrong he is...

akryns pov:

Darven you traitorous bastard! you'll pay for this! I was in a full-on rage, I would do anything to bring her back and away from him. Don't worry Nyx I'll bring you back, I promise.

My left arm was covered in burns from Draven's flames, while a few dead bodies surrounded the courtyard. I spotted a tall figure running towards me from a distance. I heard the figure yell out my name and recognized his voice...

"Lucien?"

"Akryn?! What happened? What's wrong with your arm, why does it have burns?" I sighed and told him what had happened. "It was Draven, he came and took the girl. I tried to stop him, but it was no use. That fire, it's so powerful, stronger than before...I've already sent out a few to track him down."

Lucien looked surprised at this, and soon Lucien's eldest Brother, Balan, came into the courtyard. Oh God, not him. He's worse than Draven. Such a pain in my ass.

"What happened?!" Balan asked to which Lucien looked at him and sternly replied, "Oh, it was nothing major. An enemy merely came in and took the girl I was telling you about earlier."

Balan looked Bewildered. "What's so special about that...human girl," Lucien replied once more, with a lie that only Balan would believe. "That human girl, Balan, is my mate. Perhaps the enemy thought they could provoke us by taking her from me." I clenched my teeth and did my best to not lash out. She's my mate...NOT YOURS, I thought.

Balan scoffed. "A human? That's your mate? It seems fate doesn't care for you that much Lucien, seeing as it stuck you with a weak human." Balan left the scene and Lucien turned around, staring at me "Akryn, don't worry about sending any more guards. You did well, I'll handle the rest from here. Please, take care of that arm, and when you're done. Search for Malik. It's strange he's not here." Lucien said, suspicion lurking in his voice.

"Yes sir"

After taking care of my wounds and burns, I began searching the castle for Malik. "Where is he? It is strange he wasn't there in the courtyard..." I went to Malik's room and knocked on the door. "Malik? Are you in there?" No answer. I checked room after room, the courtyard, gardens, forest, everywhere i could think of and still, was unable to find him.

It was not until nightfall did I spot the white-haired demon by the front gates. "And where have you been Malik?" I saw Malik's body freeze. "I was hunting." He replied. I knew better than to believe his lie. "Hunting you say? Why's that? Shouldn't your duties as a guard be more important Malik?" Malik scoffed. "Seriously Akryn, get that stick out of your ass, it's annoying. So what? I went hunting, big deal."

"It is a big deal, Malik. While you were away on your little hunting trip, the girl was taken and the courtyard was attacked. Several guards are dead Malik." The shadow demon stared at me and rolled his eyes, sighing.

"I don't understand why you're so obsessed with that human for. I can see Lucien being obsessed, I mean that is his mate and all" I almost growled at that. "I'm not. I just don't want to see an innocent human die."

"why not go after her?"

"You know, I can't. If Lucien found out he'll.." Malik stopped me.

"Kill your family? Like his family threatened to do over a decade ago if you tried to protect Draven and his family? If this is the only reason you say that you're loyal to him then your so-called loyalty is fake. You're only a pawn to him, an expendable one at that. Besides, what has that Bastard of a father ever done for you anyway? He killed your mother Akryn. Why should you care what happens to him or your siblings? They don't seem to give a damn about you or even care about your mother's death. If it's true that you don't want to see an innocent human die as your mother did, then you'll do something about it. Make your decision, but the longer you stay under Lucien, the faster you'll die like the rest of us." Malik left and headed back inside the castle, leaving me to think.

He's...right. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't let him have her...or hurt her, even worse, kill her. She's mine and only mine. Without looking back I headed off into the direction Malik came from, certain I would find something. I will find you Nyx, I have to. I'm not letting you get away....