20: Including me

"I take it nice and slow, feeling good on my own."—Hailee Steinfeld

maliks pov:

"Who's next?" I asked. "Let's play a game. You hide like good little prey and I find you and rip out your hearts!"

Some ran, while others attempted to fight me. "Stupid move," I told one guard, claws deep in their neck "What's wrong? Is the pain too much for you? Let me help you!"

Screams were heard as I killed everything in sight. I ripped them limb by limb, decapitated them, gouged out their eyes, and each death made me want more. "You'll all pay for taking something away from me! I'll kill every last one of you! No one will live! Not even your pathetic excuse of a prince! I'll make him beg me for mercy right before I crush his pathetic skull in front of every last one of you!"

I was covered in blood. Some were mine, but the majority of it was the prisoners and guards. I held one guard up by his throat, a large gash across their stomach. "Go and tell that pathetic Prince of yours that I'm coming for the girl and there's nothing he can do to stop me. Tell him and Die!" I dropped the demon and let him run off, knowing sooner or later he would bleed out.

I don't remember how many I killed or how I got here, but I was walking along the dark corridors of the castle. Ready for my next kill.

Miss Nyx I'm coming for you, don't worry my love. You'll be safe soon. they'll all pay for taking my mate and dear friend away from me. Oh, they'll pay

I caught my mate's scent along with two others. Trying to escape huh? Oh, I love it when they run! I chased after the scent and soon heard familiar voices.

"Up ahead!" Lucien yelled. "There's a door that leads us to an exit. Let's get out now!"

I don't think so, rat. I summoned one of my shadow creatures. "Betzalel block off the exit" The creature did as it was told. "What the hell is that?!" Nyx screamed.

"That's a shadow creature. Something only a shadow demon can create and control.." Lucien said, standing in front of her, his back to her. "Which means..." Akryn started to speak, his body tensing.

"I'm here" I spoke as I emerged from the shadows.

Akryn and Lucien turned around, standing in front of Nyx. "Malik!" They both said in unison.

"Sorry, but you're not getting out that door until you hand her over" i noticed that my mate was staring at me, i gave no thought as to why.

"Like hell, we'll do that! You're not thinking straight, Malik! You'll probably kill her!" Akryn yelled.

"Oh? You mean like how you did with Draven? You killed him, and now you're trying to take the only thing I care about away from me!" I spoke back. I saw tears falling down my mates cheeks. I felt an uncontrollable anger inside me. "She's crying..."I looked at the two demons. "You caused this, anyone who makes her tears fall, will die"

"Fuck..." Akryn cursed, "Lucien..." He said. "Don't worry, I can handle him." I chuckled.

"Is that so, fake prince? Let's see how far you get until I rip out your heart." I stated.

" Betzalel" I said towards the large shadow creature. " Kill the half breed."

While my creature was busy playing with Akryn, I focused my attention on Lucien. "I've always wanted to kill you. Especially when I found out your filthy lips touched hers" I walked towards Lucien and each time I did Lucien refused to take a step backwards.

"Let's not do anything rash, Malik. You've already frightened Nyx enough. How's my death going to solve anything?" Lucien asked me. " Oh I don't know, maybe it'll just make me feel better. Don't you know the old saying though? A life for a life, An eye for an eye, A tooth for a tooth?'' I picked him up by the throat and squeezed it. "M-Malk!" Lucien began. " But you're right, I shouldn't do anything rash with her here. So for now, I'll make your worst nightmares come to life! " Black marks appeared on Lucien's face and his eyes rolled back into his head, screaming in pain and fear.