19: how do you know me?

"There is only one map to the journey of life and it lives within your heart." – Willie Nelson

Nyx pov:

He ignored the question and stared at me. "Why haven't you remembered?" He asked. "W-What do you mean...?" He picked me up and carried me without an answer. "Where are you taking me??" He remained quiet.

"Malik? What's gotten into you?" He walked out the door, carrying me in his arms. "I'll make sure you remember." Was all he said, before making his way towards the castle gates. "You're freaking me out..."

"He won't harm you now Nyx. I made sure of it." I blinked, and stared at him, studying his now red orbs. "Your eyes...why do they look like that?" He ignored me once again. "M-Malik...please answer me..." He exited the castle gates and headed towards an unknown area. "You're not yourself Malik..."

"Quiet" He replied coldly. "You can speak when we leave this place."

What the hell?! He's supposed to be the nice one...

After a few hours of silence, i Had quietly fallen asleep in his arms. "Sleep well, love" Malik said quietly. "We'll be there soon."

I awoke, alone in a field again. "Miss, Nyx!" A familiar, yet young voice called out to me. I turned and saw a younger looking Malik, standing in front of me. "M-Malik??" A younger voice responded to him. "I'm over here! Where's Draven at?"

The younger Malik ran past me and ran over to where the younger voice came from. I turned around and saw a younger version of myself. "He's back home, he wasn't feeling well today." The younger Malik told my younger self. "Awww, I was looking forward to seeing him too. I didn't know demons got sick." Malik giggled. "yeah, we can. Lovesick, He likes you" The younger me blushed. "I doubt that..."

"Oh, he does miss Nyx. He's just too stubborn to admit it. I'll win your heart over before he does though!" The girl covered her face with her hands. "Sh-Shut up..." She replied. This...is some kind of memory...

Suddenly I was standing in front of my mother and sister, Two years younger than what I was now. "You will do it. Your sister is too important to be the vessel, unlike a mistake like yourself."

I was jarred awake and my eyes slowly opened. Red orbs stared into mine, and I recognized the white hair. "Malik?" His hand cupped my cheek. "You're crying." He said, wiping my tears away. "why?" I realized I was lying on a bed. "I was...?" I looked down and noticed blood was seeping through his top.

"You're bleeding!" I yelled. "I'm fine" He told me."no, your not"

"Fine. You're not going to let up until I let you, are you?" He took off his shirt, revealing a large gash across his stomach. "Happy?" my eyes widened when i saw the gash. "That's really bad. Do you have any bandages? You really should get stitches though..."

"I'll be fine. I'm a demon, remember? Bandages are in the medicine cabinet, in the bathroom. It's the door next to you when you walk out."

"Alright, I'll be right back. Don't move too much." I got up and left the room. I walked out of the room and turned, seeing a door right next to the bedroom. I opened the door and walked inside, spotting the medicine cabinet. I went over and opened it, grabbing what I needed before shutting it and leaving the bathroom. I walked back inside the bedroom and saw that Malik was still sitting on the bed.

"I'm back." I looked at his eyes, their red color was still there.

"That was fast." He said. "Well, I need to bandage you fast. You're lucky it's not gushing out. This is gonna sting a little, so I'll warn you."

"I'll be fine. I can take it." He told me.

I rubbed a bit of alcohol around and on the wound with a cotton ball, causing him to slightly flinch in pain. "Did this happen back in the dungeon?"

"Yes" He replied. "Do you want to tell me about it? What made you go off like that?" I wrapped the bandages around his stomach. Checking his body for any other wounds. "I was tortured. They wanted me to tell them about you. I refused and was punished, tortured..."

"That's awful..."

"That's not the worst part...that bastard....Meris..." i Blinked and turned my head and looked at him in confusion. "Who?" i asked "Meris..he was the one who did that to me..." He pulled me into a warm embrace suddenly. "He threatened to do things to you! I couldn't let him live, not after everything he had said!" His hugged me tighter. "M-Malik.."

"I don't care what he does to me, but I refuse to let anyone live who threatens you...People like him don't deserve to live! I don't know what I would have done if that bastard had touched you!"

"nothing is going to happen to me. he was just messing with your head"

"so... Why...why were you crying Nyx? You were crying in your sleep, and you said my name. You're not afraid of me are you? I would never hurt you..." He asked me. my body tensed. "I'm not scared...I just had a dream about you and my mother that was all..." He let me go. "Do you wish to talk about it?" I looked him in the eyes, they were still red, but the color seemed to be coming back. "Maybe later, where are we by the way?" He gave me a small smile.

"We're at my home. It's quite small and there's only one bed, sorry to say." He said, though he didn't seem upset about sharing a bed. "Uh, I can take the couch.."

"I only have a chair, there is no couch." He said. "So if I get up right now and go to your living room, there will be no couch?" I asked. He stuttered. "Uh, Okay there's a couch but it's not comfortable." He confessed. I sighed, having no energy to argue with the demon. "I'm too tired to even fuss. But I have an important question to ask you." I told him. "Which is?"

"How do you know me?"