A Shattered Heart - Haymitch Abernathy

Available [ X ]
Taken [ ]

If anyone asked Cora Snow years after everything had been said and done if she loved her brother she would say yes. She had loved her brother more then anyone in the world. Until he changed into someone different.

Though Cora was much younger then her brother the two shared a bonded that never seemed to be broken. He was there to play with her, to tell her stories, and to hold her when she cried. She thought that no matter what happened she would always have her brother.

She thought wrong.

Power was all her brother wanted and slowly his love for his sister was overshadowed.

Cause why have a sister if you can have a kingdom? Why have a sister when you can have a perfect princess?

Slowly Cora became the puppet in President Snows game. A crown surgically implanted in her head and the the annual singing of the Panem Anthem at every Hunger Games interview. All designed to make her appear like a dotting ruler to her subjects.

But Cora didn't want power. She wanted to be a warrior. She wanted a revolution. She wanted love.

And love came with a boy from district twelve. There eyes met the day he sat on the victory throne after winning the Second Quarter Quell and from there on they knew they would marry one day.

If only there love could last.

Katniss Everdeen knew Cora Snow only as a story. No one has seen her in 15 years, her story only living on in the recording of her singing used for every Hunger Games send off.

Until the Third Quarter Quell. When from under the rubble of the mines of District Twelve comes Cora, chained and imprisoned no more. Because her death has been decided. She will die in the hunger games.

"The last time I say you, you had shorter hair."
- Cora

"The last time I say you, you were cursing up a storm and telling me not to forget you"
- Haymitch

"I think I like it long"
- Cora

"When I was 13 Snow implanted this crown into my head. Said it was important that people knew who I was. I knew that day I lost him forever."

"Was he ever any different from the man he is today?"

"Snow was my whole world. He was my brother not just by blood but by mind and heart. Guess one day I just realized my mind and heart was bounded to another."

"Did he become a drunk before or after you left."

"Oh he was definitely a drunk before I left. Always slurring his words and telling me he loved me. Those are drunk man words"

Couple Things

1. No one knows the full truth about Cora Snow. There are mostly bits and pieces of her story and even those are mostly just rumors. Cora commuted a crime against Snow forcing him to denounce her of her title. She was sent to District Twelve where she and Haymitch married. However she couldn't let go of everything that Snow had done and again worked as a revolutionary. This cost her everything, because Snow imprisoned her and left Haymitch wishing he hadn't picked a fighter as a wife.

2. How Haymitch reacts to seeing Cora again is up to you, but I picture that he would try to participate in the Quarter Quell. I think he would
be angry and frustrated, but mostly I think he would be falling in love all over again.

3. At her interview with Caesar she stays silent about every question he asks, then out of no where she asks if he wants to hear her sing. So she sings the "hanging tree"

4. In the games she becomes close with Katniss and Peeta, but like Peeta she is left at the Capital after the games. (But warns Katniss not to trust anyone) Cora never trusted district 13. She had worked with them until they betrayed her.

5. When they meet again Cora's mind has been complete destroyed to the point that she is catatonic. Haymitch hopes that he can bring her back to him.

If interested leave a comment or send me a message.
Until then happy reading!