Rome - Spencer Reid

Available [ X ]
Taken [ ]

Spencer Reid didn't talk about his older sister. Even on the occasion that the team got together and reminisced about there family, Spencer would keep his lips sealed.

Alice Reid was troubled. Her brain always fogged with dark and sad thoughts. Some days the sun would come out, but more then most Alice was always being trailed by clouds.

The last time Spencer say Alice alive was the day he gave her a tense hug, and watched the back of her military issued uniform board a plane to who knows where.

He never expected the day two military officials would walk into his place of work 2 years later, announcing that Alice had died in combat.

And he definitely didn't expect the social worker carrying a baby carrier with his nephew snuggled inside.

This is what lead to Spencer Reid holding a screaming baby and a poorly equipped baby bag, while his sisters body was dropped into the ground.

Leslie Gray wanted a baby. Wanted one more then anything in this world. Unfortunately it was always the people who wanted that could never have.

So when Leslie's asshole husband left because she couldn't have a child, Leslie turned to other alternatives. Helping mothers be parents.

Spencer thought he could handle it. I mean it's just a baby. Right? Yeah no. Spencer had no idea what the hell he was doing raising his one month old nephew, and it showed.

So after being driven into mania from his constant crying, Spencer did what he would never do if under different circumstances. He came barging into one of Leslie's class, looking like a serial killer with a chainsaw.

And who was Leslie to deny him the help he so desperately needed?

"My sister was like the rain. One minute she was calm, collected, and full of smiles. Then the rain picks up, it gets harder and harder and she just got sadder and sadder. But no matter what. Her clouds would always part for me"

"She sounds like a really great sister then"

"Yeah she was the best"

"I don't think I can do this. He doesn't need me! He needs his mother! And she's not here and I don't know what to do about that"

"Maybe you could get your head out of your ass and realize that your the only one he's got"

"Hey Leslie"

"Hm"

"I think Rome stuffed a meatball in your hair"

"That little bastard"