Chapter 4 - Twenty-Two Minutes

Elijah sat on his seat while tapping his index finger on the table.

How long was he already waiting here?

'It's probably almost twenty minutes now,' he sighed, and soon, his foot started tapping on the floor as well.

Elijah's time is precious.

His schedule for the day was already planned and he couldn't afford to waste his time here.

'But look at what I'm doing,' Elijah laughed at himself.

His silly actions were causing so much delay with his plans but he really did not mind as of now. The nostalgia of entering the company he once built nine years ago was giving him a giddy feeling.

Elijah's eyes roamed inside the Chief Executive Officer's office.

He still remembered when there used to be two tables laid on opposing sides where he and Matthias would work together and resolve any issue that would come.

But now there's only one.

"Did he remove my name from the list of founding members too? That would be downright disrespectful." His tapping continued to hasten and Elijah was getting more and more impatient as every second passed by.

If it weren't the company he had built before, he would've left the moment no one greeted him in the CEO's office.

Not even Matthias' secretary was there to give him a cup of coffee!

"I would be hyperventilating if I have too much coffee though," He spoke before laughing lightly.

'Two more minutes and I will leave. I was only interested with the company after all,' he decided and continued to wait for another moment.

Elijah Wright's name is currently the biggest in the fashion industry. His worth was skyrocketing into almost a billion dollars alone yet he was waiting here without anyone accommodating him.

Waiting for the secretary or CEO of the company to give him the proper introductions regarding what he should do.

Elijah knew he needed to do a promotional photoshoot but it was one of his requirements to know what he needed to do.

He can't just pose left and right because it would all be too shallow and he would never feel satisfied with his job in the photoshoot.

Even if the news of Elijah Wright waiting for the CEO or secretary in the office of the Montgomery Enterprises for twenty minutes gets out, the company would surely face severe backlash from the millions of fans the model has.

"One minute," He closed his eyes as he did not want to be seen as impatient.

'How long is this going to take?' Elijah thought as he started grinding his teeth together.

"Thirty seconds"

His well-sculpted jaw tightened and veins started to appear on his forehead.

Elijah Wright was getting angrier every second and once he leaves this company without anything productive happening, Elijah would never go back.

He even had some of the biggest brands and companies waiting in line to partner up with him yet he was here in a still-growing company wasting his time.

This time, Elijah looked at his watch and started to do a countdown.

"Five"

"Four"

"Three"

"Two"

BANG!

The door of the office abruptly opened.