Chapter 10 - Middle School Memories

Matthias, sophomore year in middle school, walked through the halls of the building with his friends. Chatter resonated here and there as they were talking about plenty of things ranging from games, homework, and the girls they like.

"That's what I've been telling you! The homeroom teacher was too strict to lend me my paper back!" His friends laughed when one of them joked but Matthias wasn't even listening.

His mind was roaming outside the school grounds where some of the students were loitering to spend their vacant and recess times.

'I want to go home,' he thought as school was about to be finished in three minutes from now on. They really weren't the best of students as they decided to skip the last period to roam the halls while discreetly avoiding the eyes of the teachers and staff.

However, the young boy's daydreams about home did not last long.

Thud!

"Matt! You alright, man?" His friends assisted him when Matthias fell to the ground with his bottom landing on the floor.

"The heck?" He groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry. You weren't looking that's why you bumped into me," a straightforward and honest voice spoke which made Matthias raise his gaze. And behold...

Young Matthias Montgomery took in a deep breath when he saw the student he bumped into.

Tired and sleepy-looking eyes, a height that is approximately on par with his, overall handsome features.

"Excuse me?" He asked as what the student spoke earlier rang a bell in his ears.

"I told you, you weren't looking that's why you bumped into me." The person spoke again with the same monotonous voice.

"What's this bastard rambling on about? You were the one who bumped into Matthias!" One of his friends argued and tried to charge at the person Matthias collided into.

"I'm telling the truth, though. You walked towards me while I was facing you back." Matthias' eyebrow twitched in embarrassment as his friends could not refute the statement and he himself knew he had been spacing out as he wanted to go home.

"Grr!" The guy who tried to defend Matthias growled in anger but the person only rolled his eyes at them.

"A bunch of wastes. Get your shit together or I'll report five students starting from Matthias Montgomery that you were skipping your final period." He threatened and they all flinched, except for Matthias.

"Ah, yes. I'm sorry for bumping into you, man." Matthias got up from the floor and smiled cheekily at the student. However, instead of responding, the student then carried on to walk again and passing them in the process.

Once the person was out of their sight, Matthias' friends grumbled.

"Holy shit, man, you okay? You fell quite hard," they inspected Matthias for any injuries but Matthias was out of it once more.

'I...' His face reddened.

"Who's that student, Nick, you know him?"

"Nah, man. I don't know someone could knock Matthias on his butt when they collided!"

They thought he was embarrassed after being knocked down on the floor by someone else since everyone knew Matthias as the tallest student with an astounding build to accompany his body structure.

However, Matthias had another thought in his mind.

'What the fuck... Did I just find that attractive?' He blushed harder again as he lowered his head and clenched his hands.