Chapter 12 - Lunch

"Postpone the photoshoot and move it in the twenty-third," Elijah spoke as he sat on the chair inside the CEO's office.

"May I ask why...?" Matthias responded with uncertainty.

Thud!

"Because your company is about to go down and I am working my ass to save this hellhole you've created here." The response was casual yet daunting.

Elijah knew he should not curse someone who had been in a serious and almost deathly accident but that's what he isn't making comments right now. It was Matthias' careless work in the company.

Despite him losing his memories of Elijah, it was not a reason for the CEO to throw the company's money away especially when it was still in its growing stage.

"I-"

"Saying sorry to me won't raise your company's worth nor regain all the money you've spent on the useless things like a stadium and a hospital, Matthias."

"I understand..." Matthias shied his glance away as he was completely ashamed of his work for the past three years.

"I don't even have a reason to help you since we had cut each other off but here I am, trying to save you from this mess. You should be thankful." Elijah sighed as he was so frustrated while scanning all the papers that he held in his hands.

"I-I'm thankful, Eli... jah..." He spoke the last word when he saw Elijah glance at him with an annoyed look.

"What's with all the stuttering? I've never heard Matthias Montgomery stutter even for one single moment before." Elijah placed all the papers down on the table and massaged his hurting temples.

His head was starting to hurt from all the expenses used and without any profit from those.

"I..." Matthias trailed off again but he truly was ashamed of himself, especially right in front of Elijah.

"Haah, you're hopeless. So, where's that goodie-two-shoes wife of yours?" This time, Matthias completely froze in his seat.

"She's... somewhere..."

"Ah, you mean in the house of another man leeching off of their wealth?"

"Elijah!" Matthias tried to call him out but Elijah only raised his eyebrows at him.

"What? I'm right now, am I?" He asked and Matthias could not find the proper words to answer Elijah.

"Listen here, you bastard of a CEO." He grabbed the pen from his pockets and Elijah popped the cap off.

"I don't care with whatever relationship you have right now with that woman. I don't care if your family is on the verge of being broken. I only want to meet her because she had at the very least taken more than forty percent of the company's savings." He glared at Matthias and stabbed the pen's pointed edge on one of the papers in front of him.

"Eli..." Matthias' chest started hurting at the words.

They were harsh and straightforward. Elijah spoke of his intentions clearly and they pierced Matthias' emotions like no other.

How could someone speak of a broken family that easily?

"I might seem insensitive but really, I used my parents' money to fund this company from scratch and I have every right to curse you and that woman because of what you both did. I'm not in the mood to sympathize with your broken family." He rolled his eyes and stood up from the seat.

Elijah needed a breather.

"Look at you, pathetically sitting there with a somber look on your face because of a failing marriage. Get your act straight, Matthias. I might just punch your face and make it bleed." He huffed before turning around and walking towards the door.