Chapter 15 - Nightmares

Matthias stood in front of a man who was looking somewhere else. The latter's face was smiling as he inhaled the cold winds coming from the ocean.

God, he was beautiful.

So beautiful that just by looking at his face made Matthias' heart flutter and his entire system anxious. No matter what he did, Matthias cannot take his eyes off of him. As if he was in a trance, his gaze was locked in the ethereal view that the person possessed.

"Matthias," the man called which popped him out of the bubble he was enveloped in. He straightened his eyes and looked at the man's own. The latter wasn't looking at him still but he knew that a smile was gazing on his lips with how the corner of it rose.

"Yes?"

"How are you?"

"Me...?" He asked in confusion as he did not know why the man was questioning his state. Suddenly, something heavy was burdening his chest and he did not know why.

"I-I'm good..."

"I see."

The conversation was drowned with silence as Matthias could not find the perfect words to utter. His lips were locked and the keys were held by an invisible hand that controlled his emotions.

A few minutes passed by and he finally found the courage to speak.

"Elijah," he called and slowly, the man turned his head to look at him.

And he did not disappoint. Matthias' eyes widened and he took a deep breath as he immersed himself in the breathtaking view of Elijah Wright.

Elijah had a small smile on his face as he looked at Matthias softly. Matthias failed to notice it but the burden in his heart became heavier when he saw the gentle expression Elijah had.

As if it was something his heart greatly longed for.

Allowing his instincts to take control, he took a step forward which was soon followed by more until he reached Elijah. Without sparing a second, Matthias embraced the man and that's when he finally knew what he was longing for.

The warmth that was radiating off of the person in his arms was the refuge that he once had.

It was the warmth that he was dying to possess all this time and feeling it right now, Matthias did not want to let go.

Unknowingly, tears fell from his eyes as he buried his face on Elijah's neck. He wept and sobbed. The burden on his heart became heavier as he continued to feel the seemingly pristine presence of this man.

"Matthias," Elijah called and the latter felt Elijah's hands gently caress his back which did not help as he only cried harder. God, how he missed this. How much he missed hearing the soft voice Elijah held as he spoke to him. Matthias missed it all.

"It's okay, let it all out," the beautiful Elijah probed and Matthias could only nod his head as he cried in silence.

He did not want this to end. He did not want this to stop at all.

If he could make a wish right now, it was for the world to stop turning and let him experience this moment forever.

"E-Eli..." He sobbed.

"Matt."

Amidst the tears that he shed, his eyes widened when he heard the name that Elijah called him.

"You can stop calling me that now."

In that instance, his wish became reality as the world completely stopped turning. His breath hitched and dread filled his body.