04| Avery

I walk out of Calebs room and see a bunch of staff running down the hall. I run after then all the way to Avery's room; my heart rate starts to pick up as I walk over to her door.

"What's happening?" I frantically ask. No one answers.

"Morgan, you need to leave." Paige tells me and tries to pull me away.

"Paige, tell me what's happening with Avery!" I yell as I start to tear up again.

"Time of death: 2:42 pm." I hear from inside her room. The tears start pouring down my face uncontrollably and I try to keep my sobs down. My mind wasn't thinking straight, this had to be a dream, right? It has to be. I start walking away from the scene, and as I turn the corner I run into someone. I don't pay attention, and I keep walking.

"Morgan, what happened?!" They yell. I ignore them and walk out of the unit.

I go to a bathroom and splash my face with some cool water before going outside to sit down. The door swings open and shuts with a loud crash.

"I'm sorry about Avery." Someone says from behind me. I turn around and see Caleb.

"Thanks, but I thought you were asleep." I tell him.

"There was too much going on out there to go to sleep." He says and sits next to me on the bench. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not. But it's okay not to be okay." I say and stand back up. "You're not supposed to be down here."

"So?" Caleb says and stands up also. "My friends upset, I want to help her."

"You're friend?" I ask surprised. "Are you sure I'm your friend when you yell at me every day for dumbass things OR things I've dealt with too?"

Caleb doesn't say anything for a while. "Okay. You're right, I'll leave," he says and walks out. I just stand there for a little bit before walking out. I shut the door and Noel runs up to me.

"Morgan? There you are." she says and hugs me. "Do you know?"

"Yeah." I say and start crying hard again. "I yelled at Caleb, he was trying to help."

"It's okay. It'll be okay." she says and starts rubbing my back. She brings me to a back room and sits me down. She leaves and a few minutes later she comes back with a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." I say and she sits down next to me on the couch.

"How are you?" She says.

"I'm okay." I tell her.

"You know, Calebs worried about you."

"What?" I ask. "Why?"

"I don't know, he just asked me if you were okay when I was walking back over here."

"What did you tell him?"

"I said that you were upset but you were going to be okay." noel says. "What did you two talk about earlier?"

"I told him about my myeloma"

"You did?" She asks with wide eyes. "What'd he say?"

"He was excepting, Thoughtful that I understand I guess."

"That's nice. Go home and rest, you had a long day." Noel tells me. I agree and walk out to my car. I drive home and lay down for a nap.

The next morning, I wake up early and go out to the grocery store. When I finish, I walk down to checkout.

"Hey, how are you?" The cashier asks.

"I'm good." I tell her. She points behind me, and I look behind me as well.

"Hey." Caleb says and my eyes widen.

"Cale- wha- what are you doing here?" I say and hug him.

"Are you not mad at me anymore?"

"I wasn't, I was just upset." I tell him. "But when did you get discharged? When did you get home? How did you know I was here?"

"Last night, and it was a coincidence." Caleb says. I smile before we both grab the bags and walk over to my car. "How are you doing after yesterday?"

"I'm fine. I'm doing better." I tell him. "Do you have any smokes by chance?"

"Yeah, I do." he says and takes out a pack. I grab it from him and throw it on the floor. I start stomping on it until every bud is broken. "What the hell was that?!"

"You're home and you're going to school. These might be able to clear your head but it's not worth it; there's better ways to deal with shit." I tell Caleb.

"Okay fine."

"Get in." I say and get into the drivers seat. Caleb gets into the passenger seat and shuts the door. "Are you ready for school in three days?"

"I'm not sure. Should I be?" Caleb asks.

"Hell yeah. I could drive you. I mean I also have to drive my friend, Ashley but we could make it work."

"Yeah, that sounds cool. I live down in Farmingwell."

"No way, I do too. Did you buy the Wilson's old house?" I ask surprised.

"I think?" He says confused.

"Let's just go. I'm hungry" I start the car and start driving off.