Chapter 3: Ex-Captain Ikkei Ukai

Shoyo arrived at the dining room, he looks at all the exquisite food placed on his table. He feels his tummy rumble from hunger.

He wasn't able to eat anything because of his work. So now he can eat to his hearts content! He was very pleased but he did not show it on his face as to not go out of character.

The butler moved his higness's chair to make some space on the table. Shoyo walked towards it, the butler pushed the chair and Shoyo sat with a straight back.

Shoyo grabs a napkin and placed it on his lap.

The butler took Shoyo's plate and started picking food that the Emperor likes. Once he was done he placed it infront of Shoyo, then he retreats with a bow.

Shoyo took his fork and knife, then he started cutting the meat and ate it elegantly.

When he gulped down the meat, Shoyo made a pleased expression making the nervous Chefs into a happy one!

They nodded at each other with satisfaction.

The dark olive haired knight is just right beside the door, watching everyone in the dining room carefully.

The maid went beside the Emperor and poured his glass with his favourite wine.

Shoyo took the wine and drank it then he started twirling it, taking his time to savor the delcious taste in his mouth.

And then....

—Cough!

Shoyo started coughing and coughing until he spat blood. Everyone in the dining room was startled as they called out to their Emperor in worry!

The dark olive haired knight became serious as he ordered everyone to call for the Royal Doctor.

The maid that gave Shoyo the wine trembled and sank to the floor in terror as she shouted that she didn't put the poison in his favourite wine!

Guards started to bust in the dining room as they held captive of the maid. She screamed and screamed telling that it wasn't her! It really wasn't her.

They didn't bat her an eye and escorted her to the dungeon.

The Emperor was being carried by his bodyguard towards his bedroom. He gently placed the Emperor on his bed as the Royal Doctor finally arrived with sweat on his face.

It seems that he was running in hurry.

He inspected the Emperor and sure enough, he was poisoned.

Shoyo told them that he was fine and he could endure the poison but he coughed up blood again. The Royal Doctor was worried as he lectured Shoyo!

"..I'm supposed to be a patient...Shouldn't you treat me like one? Cough!..."

"Sigh!....Making me worry so much! Here, drink this medicine first. Luckily it wasn't that poisonous."

Shoyo obediently gulped down the medicine that the Royal Doctor fed him. It was very bitter making Shoyo make a broken expression....The Royal Doctor laughed and gave him candy.

Shoyo quickly ate the candy with a bulging cheek. The Royal Doctor pinched it and said.

"Next time don't let your guard down...You already know that plenty of people want to hunt you down because of it."

"Yeah."

"Why are you so nonchalant about it....Seriously....Sigh...."

The Royal Doctor stood up "I will be going now. I still have a lot of matters to attend to. And again...Please be vigilant of your surroundings Shoyo! Do you know how worried I was when I heard you were poisoned, AGAIN?!"