Chapter 20 The Grimm

I wake in a pit of rubble, surrounded by a high wall of fire and smoke so thick I can't see the sky. My body feels heavy as I crawl my way out of a small pile of broken concrete. "Ugh, what...what happened?" I ask as I get to my feet. Silence fills the void as I wait for a response. "Oh no not again!?" I yell in fear. More rubble shifts as I hear grunts and groans. "What the... where am I?" Aaron questions as he emerges from the rubble. "Aaron?" I say in shock. Aaron sees me and looks down at his hands and realizes he has actual hands. "What's going on? Why do I have a body?" Aaron asks as he checks himself out. He looks like me but with a Beowolf tail and no clothes. "Why do you have a tail?" I ask. Before my question can be answered another pile of rubble shifts and Eveline emerges, soon following Lance, Angel, and Krystal.  "Ok, what the fuck is going on!?" I yell. "Your guess is as good as our's darling," Eve says as she looks around. Deep down in the rubble, Mort awakens with a fraction of his life. His breaths are hard and heavy as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a black dust crystal. This crystal bursts with energy as red tesla coils pulse from it. "No time like the present...for one... final... Test!" Mort whispers before plunging the crystal into his heart. The power shoots out and clears a hole to the surface before the crystal kills Mort and his hands fall limply to his sides. Back on the surface Ben and the others are trying to piece together what happened when Ben let the beast take over. "Ok obviously something exploded given the castle is now rubble. Then we have the question of how the hell all of you are physically here. The only time either of you two got a physical body was after some Grimm parasite popped outta my head, you three are a new one." I say as well all gather. "Wish I could add anything but I think all of our memories are scattered at the moment and - uh Aaron can you stop that please," Angel says as we all turn to see Aaron playing with his uh new body. "Hey after a literal lifetime of having to share I'm gonna enjoy having my own while I got it, speaking of which hey Eve~" Aaron says with a raised eyebrow. I smack Aaron upside the head and get back on track. "Quit it you horny bastard you two can fuck like rabbits AFTER we get out of here. I don't think this place is gonna stay stable for long, we can figure out the what and why later, come on" I say as I motion for the other to follow. I start climbing out of the pit of rubble we are in and help the others up as they follow.  

Half an hour passes and we make our way out of the Ruins and back to the town for shelter and to get everyone some clothes. Aaron in red tattered leathers, Eve in a Ripped Black dress, Angel in dirty while cloth pajamas, Lance in Blue tattered leathers, and Krystal with little other options in a green jacket that's tied together at the chest and some cloth pants. We all gather around a fireplace that survived the years and set in as night falls. "Alright, the fire should last a while now," Lance says as he throws in the last bit of wood. "Ugh, This thing is so tight! Are you sure there wasn't anything else around here Big B?" Krystal groans. "It's either that or back to nude sadly." I sigh. *Pans to a closet full of old clothes and back to Ben* Krystal rests on my right arm as everyone gets comfy. "Does anyone remembers anything yet?" Eve asks. "No" everyone moans. "Well in time the memories will come, for now, we can at least enjoy everyone's company." Eve preaches. A branch snaps in the distance and we all snap to it. Soon the Grimm boy that Mort had held prisoner. His eyes met mine and he freaks out and runs away yelling. I run after him and cover his mouth. "Quiet you moron or do you want every Grimm in the continent to come barreling down on us! Now I'm going to uncover your mouth and you are going to stay calm do you understand!" I angrily whisper. The boys breathing slows and he nods his head. I uncover his mouth and the boy turns to face me. "I'm sorry I thought you were still that... thing," he says with fear still on his breath. "I can't say I'm not but it's gone for now, do you know what happened here. When I became the thing I lost my memory. " I say as I kneel down. Yes, I saw most of what happened. I can also explain to them." The boy says as he points to the others behind me. We add him to our group and he sits by the fire as he recaps the events before we all came to. "I was hiding in my room after what happened between you and the fat man. A few hours later There was clanging and banging coming from a secret elevator the fat man used.  The sounds grew louder and louder only to be followed by silence...and then an ear-shattering scream. It sounded like multiple monsters all roaring. then the elevator doors burst open and out came the beast followed by a typhoon of destruction to the entire castle. The fat man tried to fight back but you were too strong, so strong that he had to use his latest and most dangerous experiment yet. You see the fat man had a love of playing god, this lead him to the creation of a new type of dust, life dust." The boy explains.