An old friend

The day after the villains attacked, the school was closed temporarily. But, it was hard for me to stay relaxed.
I couldn't help but feel a little agitated from time to time.

But a day later, school had started again. And of course, everyone was talking about how the incident was on the news the previous night.
Then, Sero voices out his wonder of what would've happened if the Teachers hadn't shown up.
Mineta was scared by that idea, but Bakugo yelled and made him shut up. Which honestly made me jump a little.

While the class continued chatting, Iida marched forward and told everyone that homeroom was about to start and that we should stop talking and take our seats.

"We're already in our seats," Kirishima says
"You're the only one who's not," Sero adds
Iida went back to his desk, a little embarrassed about the matter.

Suddenly, the door slid open. And at the other side of the door was...Aizawa?!

"Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!" We all exclaimed.
"You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari said in horror.

When asked if he was okay, Aizawa dismissed the question by saying his well-being didn't matter, and that the fight is not over yet.

Eh? Fight?

"The U.A. sports festival is drawing near," Aizawa announces.
"That's a super normal school event!" We shouted gleefully

"Wait a minute," Kaminari said, stopping Kirishima's vocal excitement.
"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asks
"What if they attack us again or something...?" Ojiro adds.

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event. Security will also be strengthened to five times that of the previous year. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains.

A few? Really?

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports." Mineta said.
"Huh? Mineta, you've never seen the U.A. Sports festival?" Midoriya asks
"Of course I have. That's not what I meant!"

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, they were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you all know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, instead of the Olympics, we have the U.A. sports festival!"

A short explanation, the U.A. Sports Festival is viewed by heroes for their scouting purposes. After graduation, students normally join a pro-hero agency as a sidekick. But...some people miss their chance to become independent heroes after that.

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. Once chance each year—a total of three chances throughout your high school life. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations!" Aizawa told.

"Yes, sir!" 

————
After school, we were met by a hoard of students outside our classroom.
"Wha...what's going on?!" Uraraka exclaimed.
"What business do you have with Class A?" Iida asks.
"We can't leave! What'd you all come here for, anyway?!" Mineta argues.
"Scouting out the enemy, small fry. We're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably just wanna check us out before the sports festival." Bakugo says, walking over to the hoard of students. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!"