I Dare You

"Of course I'm not." I snicker at Tobias.

I stand in front of the target and everyone walks closer. Only Christina, Will and of course Tobias watched last time.
Tobias holds 5 knives in one hand and the other, he flips in his throwing hand.

He corrects his stance and everyone goes quiet. I watch him as he inhales, then exhales, then throws.

I don't flinch. I make sure to keep direct eye contact with him.

I can't see where it landed but I'm guessing it's near my hip or my waist.

He chucks anther knife from his left hand to his right, and catches it perfectly.

He completes his breathing ritual again and then throws. The knife lands near my left shoulder.

He repeats this for the next 2 knives. One landing on one side of my face, the other between my legs.
The next one lands right one top of my head. He is down to his last knife.

I see basically see the cogs turning in his mind. And I know exactly what he plans to do.

He inhales, then exhales, then throws.

It lands scarily close to the side of my head, clipping the exact ear that he hit last time.

I move away from the target and feel my ear.

Low and behold, it's bleeding.

Everyone begins to cheer and I can't help but smile.

"Fuck you." I mouth, the next time his eyes meet mine.

"Any more dares for inside the compound?" Theo asks

"I dare Marlene to do a hand stand on the edge of the chasm!" Lynn shrieks

Marlene's eyes go wide and Uriah chucks her a bottle to "calm the nerves".

She cracks it open and takes a huge gulp before we all sprint to the chasm.

Once we arrive she swallows more of the beer then chucks the bottle to Shauna.

She sighs then places her hands on the ground and slowly kicks up into a handstand.

"Wow Marlene, you are really good at this!" Christina cries and Marlene comes down.

"One of my many talents." She says with a wink.

Tobias checks his watch.

"We better run if we want to get on the next train." He says

With that we all turn around again and start running.

We make it just in time. I can see the lights coming from around the corner. It gets closer and we start to run.
"WHAT CAR?" Zeke yells.

"SECOND FROM THE BACK!" Tobias replies.

Zeke gets on first, he grabs the handle and pushes the button then swiftly moves out of the way so the rest of just can jump on.
Will gets on last and Uriah starts to count.

"Uriah..." Gabe says through fast breaths. "Why are you counting?"

"What if someone got left behind!?" He argues

We get off a few minutes later, near lots of abandoned buildings.

"FIRST ONE TO THE TOP OF THAT BUILDING GETS A FREE PASS!" Shauna screams.

It's like a stampede. There are limbs everywhere. All I know is I have to get to the top of this building.
All of a sudden everyone stops.

"What is it." I ask but my questions are quickly answered when I stand on my tip toes and see a big chuck of the stairs missing.
"What are we supposed to do?" Lauren asks