Trackers

"You think they could tell?"

Uriah, Tobias and I walk extremely slowly as the stay as far back as possible from the rest of the people off the the test.

"Um guys. Not all of us can read minds, can someone explain why we are being so secretive?"

Tobias clears his throat. "If this test is so similar to the aptitude test, who's to say that it can't tell if you are divergent." He talks so quietly.

"Oh." Uriah gasps. "Oh my god."

"Wait so you're..." I whisper. It makes sense now.

"He didn't tell you?" Uriah says.

"You didn't tell me!?" I exclaim.

"Do you want to get us killed? Shut up." Tobias hisses. "And no I didn't tell you. It wasn't for me to tell."

Uriah shrugs. "And you are too?"

I nod.

"All the more reason why I couldn't have beat you."

"Uriah. You realise we are the same in that way."

"Shh." He puts his index finger very close to my lips. "This is me keeping my mental health at bay."

"So is he." I point at Tobias, much to his dislike, a scowl forming on his face. "Oh give me a break. He was gonna find out sooner or later."

"Wait, really? I though that this was just scary boyfriend protects his, uh, different girlfriend."

"Are we going to pretend that this single piece of information couldn't quite literally get us all killed?"

"Stop going all instructor on us, Four."

"Uriah this is serious."

"Right. We could die today. Sorry."

"Can we get back to the point?" I ask. "What are we going to do about this?"

"I think we should leave. We can't take any chances." That's what I like about Uriah. He is the funniest person I know but he can be serious when the time is right.

"Did you not hear Max? They'll track us down. Where would we even go?" I argue.

"Well what do you think we should do, Miss Erudite." Uriah says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes. "That's ironic." Tobias chuckles.

"What happened to being serious?" I say. I think we should go to the test as to not be suspicious but it's a big risk. Or maybe not. It's just a theory after all.

"We should go, but linger at the end and see what happens to the rest of them. Pay attention to everyone who goes in."

"And if we think we should leave? How are we supposed to get out of there unnoticed?" Tobias says.

"I don't know. We will figure it out."

"Shit." Tobias curses. I give him a puzzled look. "I'm going to go back to the apartment. I have two guns there. Uriah, do you own a gun?"

"Of course I do. This is Dauntless isn't it?"

"Give me your keys."

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone waits outside the training room. I sit on the floor with my back against the wall.

All of our group is furthest from the training room which gives me some relief.

Only 2 people have gone in and both have come back out.

Everyone around me talks, but I don't. I concentrate on exactly who goes in and make sure they come out again.