Erudite

I remove my jacket and head into Tobias' bedroom, take some bike pants from my draw and steal one of his shirts from the drawer above it.

I carefully walk into the bathroom. They say it hurts worse when the adrenaline wears off.

They were definitely right.

I decided against having a shower. Ill have one in the morning.

I take of my shirt and bra and replace them with Tobias' shirt.

I used to sleep with my bra on but Tobias got upset because I wasn't comfortable at his place. It wasn't that but I'm happy that he really doesn't care. And that I don't have to sleep with one on.

I carefully unwrap the bandage.

I unbuckle my belt and undo the button at the top of my jeans.

I slowly pull them down until they are just above the cut.

I peel the fabric away very slowly. I flinch slightly every time I move too quickly. The pants are stuck to the partially dried and sticky blood.

Once my pants are past my thighs, i can take them off a lot faster.

I slide on the clean bike pants, lifting up the fabric so it doesn't touch the slice on the back of my leg.

I leave the bathroom and find Tobias picking up some things from the floor.

"Let's have a look at that cut?" He looks up at me and I nod.

He leaves and comes back with a wash cloth, a little tube and a clean bandage.

I lay on my stomach and rest my head on one of his pillows.

I feel very exposed, but I trust him.

I think.

I feel the mattress I am laying on slightly dip as he sits next to my side.

"This is going to sting." He muttered.

I just nod and squeeze my eyes shut.

I flinch when he applies the damp towel to the gash. He gently dabs at at it, removing all of the dried blood.

His fingers are cold as they press against my thigh.

"This looks pretty deep, Tris. I think it's going to need stitches."

"Ugh." I groan. I've never had stitches before but they can't be very convenient, especially for work.

"Okay this bit is going to hurt even more."

He daps a cold liquid along the slit. He squeezes my hand in reassurance.

He wraps the bandage and tucked the end in.

"Your all good."

He gets up, but I decide the stay there.

"You should've become a doctor."

"Is that not in Erudite?" He inquired.

"They have to have some sort of doctor here for the less serious injuries. You know. At the infirmary. Otherwise the whole of Dauntless would always be at Erudite.

"I think you are going to need to be shipped off to Erudite tomorrow."

The Dauntless doctors at the infirmary aren't allowed to perform and surgical procedures or administer any intense drugs.
But they do anyway.

Tobias probably just doesn't trust them enough to look after me.

"You don't think Dauntless doctors could fix me up?"