Chapter 5

Just as Yuki left I started going back to my room. Or more like the quessroom. As I walked upstairs I slowly realised what I got myself into. I am literally dating my King's biggest enemies postboy. If it gets out both of them are dead. At least I am sure I will be dead if this gets put. But besides that I feel happy. Happier than I was before. I walked into the guest room and took the shirt from the chair. As I was taking it up I realised it was small. Too small for it to be mine. I held it out in front of me and that was when I realised. That is not mine. It's Yukis. What means... 'Yuki took my shirt and is currently wearing it...' As the realisation hit me I started blushing.
'Did he do it on purpose or by accident?' Either way, it was cute. I stood there for a while playing with the thought of him wearing my things. Then suddenly I realised I have things to do today. One of them was to roam around the town. I speed walked over to my room and started changing. Over the white t-shirt I had on I took up the cord armour and I put a dagger to my pocket. Last but not least I tied my sword to my side. I looked in the mirror in front of me.
'I look good' I was proud of myself. In the Kuguri family all the male members are or were knights. Because of that my father was never really around or just sometimes. But when he was, he always spent the most time with me. Since I was little I wanted to be like him. And here I am. Wearing the same title as him, or my grandfather or any other male member of my family above 18. The only difference in my name is that I got the title of Sir Kuguri, The Youngest.
I stare at myself for a few minutes where I hear a knock from downstairs. I immediately knew who it was. The Nohebi knights' special knocking rhythm. I ran downstairs, nearly falling down and tripping on the rug. I opened the door. There stood Sir Hiroo and Sir Sakishima. The 2 best knights of Nohebi.
-Hello Kuguri. Can we come in?
-Please do.
I stood out of the way letting the two in. They have been here multiple times so they know they were in the house. Both of them head towards my kitchen and I follow close behind. I would lie if I say I wasn't nervous. Hiroo is the type of person who sees everything. He is kinda like Yuki. He doesn't just read a person's facial expression and movements. He reads the aura and the environment he is in too. We sat down in front of each other. Sakishima was looking at Hiroo waiting for him to speak as the general.
-So?
Asks finally Hiroo after an awkward silence.
-So what Hiroo?
-So what Kuguri? Was he here?
-Who? Shibayama?
-Who else Kuguri? Who else? Of course that bastard!
Now Sakishima was talking. He sounded kinda stressed. As he didn't want to be here. The name he called Yuki of course pissed me off but I can't let the anger get to me or it's the end of me.
-No he wasn't here.
-You sure?
Asked Hiroo with a serious look. It made me more nervous than I was before
-I was out till 2am. I would have seen him. If the reports are correct he should have arrived between 8 and 9pm. But he didn't
-By the way...
-Yes Sakishima?
-What if he arrived on another way? I mean what if he used the main road between the two Kingdoms?
-I didn't think about that
Admitted the General. Even though he was one of the best knights he sometimes forgot about things like that.
-Damn it...
Cussed Hiroo.
-He is younger yet smarter than us... He escaped way too many times.
-It's annoying.
-Definitely is.
I said. I had to keep up my cold personality and straight face. One wrong move and my head is taken. Hiroo is feared in Nohebi. Not just because he is a good knight but also because he is cruel. He isn't afraid to kill somebody. Take their heads, cut their throat or just simply stab them in the heart or lungs. The place of the stab depends on what the other committed.
-It the path change is the case then we have to ask the frontier-guards, and that would take at least 3 hours to go there.
-Well then. I think it1s time for us to take our leave, isn't it Hiroo?
-It is. Well, Thank you Kuguri. Keep an eye open still, he might have just stayed in the mountains and might arrive today. Don't forget you have the right to wound or even kill him. It was given by Daishou, so nobody can question it.
Stated Hiroo with a really serious look. It gave me chills.
-I know, and I will still look for him.
-Well then, Have a nice day Kuguri.
Said his final "goodbye" Sakishima as he slightly pushed Hiroo towards the door. When I heard the door click I let out the breath I was holding. 'That was close... Let's just hope Hiroo didn't see through the mask. 

When me and Sakishima left Kuguri's house I already knew something was up. Kuguri's speaking was kinda shaky and sounded like he was hiding something. I knew Sakishima also saw the weird acting that's why he hurried with the leaving.
-Hey, what was up with the guy?
-I have no idea, Sakishima.
Then as we reached the public stable where our horses were, it suddenly hit me. I stopped in my tracks. As soon as the taller one realised I had stopped he turned around and had a concerned and confused look on his face at the same time.
-What's the matter Hiroo?
-I think I know why he was nervous.
-And the reason for his nervousness was?
-He was here.
-Who was here?
-Shibayama Yuki, He was here.
-Eh? But Kuguri told us he didn't see him.
-He lied. That's the reason for his acting. He probably saw him from closer than just a running look.
-What do you mean by that Hiroo?
Asked now with a more confused look on his face as he took a step closer to me.
-Shibayama Yuki stayed at Kuguri's house last night.
I whispered. I didn't want the commoners to know. Because if my theory is right then they will try to burn Kuguri alive. Sakishima's eyes went wide. He realised what I meant.
-And? What are we going to do about it? Will we tell the King or?
-Idiot. We can't. If we do, we will literally kill Kuguri.
-Than? Do you know any other options?
-We both keep our mouths shut till the end of this. I want Daishou to find it out on his own.
-But if he gets to know that we know?
-We will just lie. Come on. He knows us since we were dippers. He trusts us, he believes we would never lie to him.
-I swear to God, Hiroo, If he finds out I am killing you.
-You can do that. I will take responsibility for it.
I said and I started walking again. I reached my horse, set into the seddel and waited for Sakishima to also set up. When he did we gave a command to our horses.
-And where are we going now?
-We have to create an alibi for Kuguri. So we are going to ask the border guards about Shibayama.
-Whatever you say.
Answered my partner before taking up a faster speed. The distance grew between us before I also took up a similar speed and gained upon him. I didn't really think through what I got myself and Sakishima into but I was sure what I wanted. Since I met Kuguri he was like a little brother to me. I wanted to make sure that he is fine and will not have a problem out of the current situation. And I am pretty sure Sakishima thought the same, he was just more stubborn. If something could hurt him too he always refused to do something connected to it, but for him when it comes to Kuguri, he is just like me. Their bond is not as strong as mine and Kuguri's but it's definitely strong.