Chapter 6

As the great door of the throne room opened, Sir Washio came out.
-Hey! Come inside. The King is waiting for you!
He asked as he opened the door more for me to step in and I did.
The room was really huge and bright just like always. On the walls there were huge stone monuments of the past rulers aka the Bokuto family's oldest members. Since the kingdom was founded the Bokuto family has been on the throne. There were a few assassination agains them but they alawys survived all of them. Even though this is probably the last Bokuto on the throne. Even if he tries to hide it from others, I am pretty sure he has a thing for his butler, Akaashi Keiji. And I will say I am not surprised. Akaashi is truthly beautiful and smart. He came from a poor, farmer family from the northeast mountains of Fukurodani. Those families produce things up in the mountains. They are usually really poor. But their look is something else. I had a chance to meet with Akaashi's parents once when they came to see him. All 3 of them have black hair and beautiful blue eyes. But the status wouldn't be the problem. The reason they try to hide it is Bokuto's parents. They want a biological heir for the throne. Their 2 daughters are out of the picture. Both of them are married and not to royals. One married a guy from Karasuno Kingdom and the other's husband is from Dateko Kingdom. Which means both of their kids won't have royal status. They have given up theirs when they got married. And because of that the old King and Queen of Fukurodani expects King Bokuto to have a biological heir and a wife. The room was colour themed. Everything was white, black and gold.
In front of me on the throne sat King Bokuto. As soon as I saw him, I kneeled down on my right knee. I bowed my head. This was the right greeting in Fukurodani and Nekoma.
-Thank you Washio! You can leave.
-As you wish, your Majesty.
Everyone really respected the king. He never liked if the knights were all around him. Not with the ones he trusted. When he first asked the knights to leave I was surprised. That was the time when he told me he trusts me. When I heard the door close I looked up.
-I heard you have a letter? Can you give it to me?
-Of course your majesty.
I stood up, grabbed the letter from my bag and walked closer handing it to him.
-Thank you.
He said and opened the sealed letter, making sure he didn't break the seal. He loved to keep these things. He was going through the letter when his expression changed. From a happy face and look he had on he went to a serious expression. Now that creeped me out. I wasn't used to this look. He was always cheery. From that look I knew I either brought bad news or something about a war.
-Akaashi, show Shibayama his room and tell the knights that after dinner I am waiting for them in the big room on the 3rd floor.
-Yes, your majesty.
Akaashi walked towards me. I bowed my head then followed him out of the room. We walked up a few stairs when we arrived at the guest room's wing. He showed me the usual room I sleep in when I am here.
-We are waiting for you at dinner. Same time and place as always.
-Thank you Akaashi! I will be there!
Akaashi bowed his head last time before closing the room leaving me alone. I looked around in the room. 'Nothing changed since the last time.' I walked over to the closet and I changed out of my current, kinda dirty wear. In the end I chose a normal white shirt with casually black costume pants. I looked in the mirror. 'I look good and fancy' I noted. I dress like this everyday. The only days I look different, more poor when I go on a mission. Since I was young I wore things like these. My family wasn't really rich but we were always close to the King. What my dad said was that he and the old Nekoma King aka King Kuroo's father played together at a young age. This body is the reason for where I am today. Even though I got accepted for the position I still insisted on proving my fighting abilities and other things. After I proved at the age of 14 on my 15th birthday I officially became the post boy of Nekoma. After I officially became a post boy Kuroo insisted on me moving into the castle. That bond is also the reason for my brother's current position. He is only 14 yet he is a weapon carrier right next to Sir Yaku Morisuke. When I was improving my fighting skills he was the one who helped. I also got some help from Sir Kozume but only a little since he usually was next to Prince Kuroo Tetsuro. Well he was a prince back then, now is a king.
When I first met Kenma Kozume I was pretty sure he was a butler but it turned out he is a knight. Even if he shows lack of interest and seems weak, he is a really good fighter. He is around 170cm and can throw someone over his shoulder. 
As I was thinking about my second family in the Nekoma Castle I heard the clock in the room hitting 9pm, what meant it's time for dinner. I took one more look in the mirror before leaving the room. In the keyhole I found the room keys so I locked it and I started walking through the halls and doors till I reached the dining hall. I walked in bowing my head to the knight in the room. What surprised me was that Sir Konoha waved his hand to join them. Since I knew it would be disrespectful to not join them I walked towards their desk. Saying thanks for letting me sit there before I start eating. Through dinner my mind went back to Kuguri and the night before. The knights around me were having a conversation and I was trying to listen but the guy made it impossible. Halfway through dinner I finished my food and was just sitting there. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

When I saw Bokuto-sama's expression changing when he read the letter I knew something was up. When he asked me to lead Shibayama to his room his voice was serious too. 
After I got back to the throne room and found him nowhere I turned around, and hurried towards his room. I knocked on the door.
-Bokuto-sama! It's me, Akaashi. May I enter?
I didn't get an answer so I was about to knock one more time when the door opened and Bokuto-sama pulled me inside.
-Whoa? Did something happen to your Majesty?
-I am stressed.
-Is it because of the letter?
He said nothing and just nodded one. Now I am even more sure he got something disturbing in the letter. 'God Damn you pain in the ass Kuroo-sama' I never liked the man really much. I didn't hate him but he could piss me off. As I was thinking, I felt a pair of arms around my waist and a second later a head on my shoulder.
-Bokuto-sama...
-I told you to call me Koutaro in private Keiji. We are not just the King and his butler...
-But it's disrespectful... Besides, your parents wouldn't want us to date. You have to have a biological heir. I can't give you that...
-I don't need one. If they really want one I will just adopt one saying it's mine but the mother of the kid doesn't want to be the queen.
-But they wouldn't like me being next to you... And you know that.
-Keiji. Are they the King and Queen currently?
-No, but-
I wanted to finish but Bokuto kissed me. It wasn't for long, just a small pack enough to shut me up. Me and Bokuto had been more than just "friends" for a while now. He pulled away and looked at me.
-Keiji. I want to tell my parents.
My eyes went wide. I pushed him away. He was surprised by what I did.
-Don't, you will just lose your title...
I said and turned around.
-See you at dinner, your majesty.
I told him and left, closing the door. At dinner I sat with the higher ranked workers of the castle. Through dinner I realised how tense Shibayama was. He was just sitting and staring right in front of him. After I finished I waited till he did, then stood up and walked over to him. I tapped his shoulder making him jump a little.
-Oh... Hey Akaashi-san! What can I help you with?
-Meet me in the garden in 5 minutes.
I said and left him there.

When Akaashi-san asked me to meet him I had absolutely no idea what he wanted. Eventually I excused myself from the table and left to meet with him. He was already there sitting on a bench next to a fountain.
-What did you want to talk about Akaashi-san?
He flinched a little and turned his head around but just for a second. He then patted the bench next to him. I walked closer, sitting next to the butler.
-You have been spacing out throughout dinner. Did something happen on the way here?
-You are an observer Akaashi-san.
I didn't answer for a while. I looked up to the moon. Then I laid backwards and signed.
-Promise me you don't tell anyone what I am about to say, Akaashi-san.
-I promise Shibayama.
I closed my eyes. Took a big breath and finally said it.
-I have a boyfriend.
-Congratulation. Is there a problem with that?
-Yes. A lot of problems.
-Like?
-He is a Nohebi Knight. His name is Kuguri Naoyasu and He is really close to the King.
-Okay, that is a problem.
-He was supposed to kill me or just take me to the king. And yet instead we had a makeout session.
I opened my eyes and looked to the side. Akaashi's face was white and his eyes widened.
-You okay Akaashi-san?
-Just shocked.
-Not surprised about your reaction.
-Did you consider what can happen if they find out?
-Yes. That's how I said yes. I considered it before saying my final answer.
We sat in silence for a while when Akaashi finally said more than before.
-You know you are not the only one in an unaccepted relationship.
-You mean You and King Bokuto?
-Yes- wait... How do you know?
-I am not here often but I can see how he looks at you. Those eyes. Sometimes I feel like he is just going to shout out that he loves you more than everything.
-Oh...
-But what did you mean by unacceptable?
-His parents want a biological heir. I can't give him that. I wish I could since then we could be together publicly but I was born a man soo.
We sat in silence for a while until we heard the church's bell hitting 12.
-We should go. It's already midnight and I am pretty sure Bokuto-sama will be done with the letter by tomorrow.
I nodded and stood up. Together we walked to the castle. Before the throne room's door we said a goodnight before we went our separate ways. I returned to my room, changed into a night wear. As I laid in bed my mind still roamed on the thought of Naoyasu but eventually I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up to knocking on the door.