ROADTRIP!

Y/n's POV

A familiar, yet annoying alarm enters my ears, causing me to wake up with a jolt. instead of turning it off, I groan and curl deeper in the covers, and snuggle up to Katie. My girlfriend, however, has a different reaction. 

Her hand slaps onto the screen, muting the constant beeping. "Yes!" She chuckles excitedly and gets up from her bed. I furrow my brows, not liking that she's out of my grip, but feel too lazy to beg her to come back. Katie must have concluded that I'm not getting up because the next thing I know is that my arm is being pulled and whoever's pulling it is having trouble. "Let's *huff* go! We gotta *huff* get ready for *huff* airport!" Finally with success, I fall off the bed, but the downside is that she falls too and I end up on top of her.

I lift my head a bit to be looking into her eyes. "Can't we just stay here so I can admire your gorgeous face?" I moan with tiredness dripping from my tone. Katie scoffs and shoves my face away from me. "Save your flirting later when we get to our dorms." I don't give a physical reaction to this, but my voice makes it clear I'm more excited. "Oh, I'll do more than just flirting, Ms.Mitchell," I say with a smushed voice. "Ah, Y/n!" Katie yells and shoves me to the side.

"Fine, I'll get ready." I mutter loud enough for her to hear. With that, the two of us scurry around the room, packing the last of the things we need. While packing some DVDs, I see Katie's headphones on the desk. I shake my head, realizing she would've left them here on accident. I scoop up the device and the two of us speak at the some time, "Hey you almost forgot your-" We both stop when we look in the other's hand, which is our respective headphones. I snort at this and Katie chuckles.

We finish packing the rest of the stuff and rush out of the room, excited to head out. While Katie heads for the door, I slide to the ground with open arms, which catch a certain adorable pug. "Goodbye my little baby!" I say in a baby voice while kissing his head. Katie joins the hug with a big smile on her face.

The two detangle from the hug and make our way to the door. Katie makes it out first, but she suddenly stops in her tracks. "Katie?" I ask, a bit confused by this. I then look in her line of sight to see the car being packed with more baggage than needs to be. "What's going on?" I ask, gaining Dad's attention who gives us a smile.

"Wait, why do you, uh, why do you need all that to take us to the airport?" Katie ask, concern creeping onto her voice. "I messed things up last night, but I'm gonna make it up to you two." Dad starts up, probably building up to the point to have us give more of a reaction, but I don't think it's the kind he wants. He then slams the trunk door down and turns to us again. "I canceled your plane tickets to college!" He announces.

"YOU WHAT?!" Katie shrieks, not liking this one bit. "Don't freak out, I know you're excited." Dad says in a happy tone. I quickly shake my head and make a motion for him to cut it out, trying to let him know this isn't a good reaction. Somehow this man takes it as a sign to continue. "We are going to drive you two to school on a  cross-country road trip as a family."

He knocks lightly on the vehicle next to him, which gives a concerning squeak. "Why not pull up to school on old Iron Eagle here? It's got character," The front license plate falls off at this. "class and some green ooze we can learn about together." He then reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. And it comes with one coupon for a father/daughter and daughter in law stick shift lesson!" He then jumps in joy, which would seem cute if not Katie tipping onto my arm. "Mom?" She asks, hoping to understand.

Mom winces but offers a hopeful smile. "Well, your father kind of went rouge on this one a little bit. But we do love his initiative, right?" She asks us. Aaron finally reveals himself from behind Mom, gaining Katie's attention. "Aaron, you too?" She weakly asks her brother, how looks extremely upset about this. "Well, I thought it could be cool to hang out one last time."

Katie sputters at this, not finding the words. "We called the school, you two can miss orientation week. No problem." Dad brings up, slowly approaching us. "But it-it is a problem!" Katie argues. "We got all these friends to meet! We really want to get to know them and hang out with them. And it's like everyone at this school just gets us! There's a mixer, Dad. A mixer!"

"What about hanging out with your family, anyone, for hours in a car?" Dad asks, getting closer to us, freaking the both of us out. "You two and me!" He screams with a crazy look on his face, making hold Katie close to me in fear. Katie screams at this. "Oh, yeah great!" I agree with a forced smile. "Hey, I think I forgot my toothbrush. Katie can you help?" I pull her into the house. "Don't take too long!" Dad yells before heading back to the car.

"Katie,it's okay." I tell the girls who's pacing on the floor. "No, it's really not, y/n! How did he think we would like this?!" She asks, pulling her hair harshly. I am at her side and hold both of her hands. "Hey, hey. I know this is upsetting, and I can understand. It would have been better if he talked about this earlier, yes, but this is his way of saying sorry. We have our own unique ways of apologizing, and he's trying hard. He loves you so much he wants to make sure you know."

"But doing this? Why?" She asks me, to which I shake my head. "We'll have to find out together." I tell her, giving a quick peck on the lips. Katie smiles a bit and nods. "Alright."