Sentimental talk

As Katie is raised up to the diamond, Pal smirks. "Well, well. If it isn't quirky young teenage hero Katie Mitchell." Katie is raised closer and grunts. "Put me down. I've got to save my family!" She then sees y/n, floating up the liquid that's up to her neck. "Y/n!"

Pal mocks Katie. "I've got to save my family." The device rolls her eyes. "Everyone says that, but no one has been able to give me a single reason humans are worth saving."

Katie racks through my brain. "Well, you-" Pal shakes her face. "Don't say something stupid like, ooh, the power of love. I've learned we're all better off alone. No one to hold us back. Relationships are just too difficult."

Katie has a sad look on her face and she sighs. "You're right, Pal. They're not easy. Sometimes you have to listen to long monologues about triceratops migrations, but it's worth it to get a friend for life." She recalls the moments she had with Aaron.

"And... and sometimes you have to eat disgusting cupcakes shaped like your own face, but it's worth it to see your mom smile." She recalls all the times her mom bubbled with laughter.

Her throat begins to hurt, but she gets going. "And sometimes, you have to try everything to comfort someone when she lost her parents and get her through it, but it's worth it to know there is a special someone who would do the same for you and will love you for who you are." She remembers all the dates and moments she shared with y/n. 

"Sometimes you have to give your dad the benefit of the doubt, even is all he wants to do is talk about pinecones and screwdrivers. Because even if he doesn't always get it right, he's always trying, harder than you ever knew." She remembers all the moments her dad reached out with an idea.

"My whole family tried to come together, and it worked. It actually worked. Families can be hard, but they're so worth fighting for. They might be one of the only things that are."

Katie looks up to Pal to see that she's on sleep mode. She shakes herself awake. "Huh? Oh. Nodded off for a bit there. "Sorry, that was so boring! Oh, so you all talk about families, but trust me, you will drop each other the first chance you get, just like this."

The beam holding Katie stops and she can only scream as she falls. Y/n slams her palms on the glass, screaming herself, but no sound is coming out.

Rick keeps on begging his robot friends. "Guys, help me!" Eric and Deborah look at each other, and the other robot looks at the screen.

As Katie's body falls, a screen next to her lights up, showing Monchi. Katie is confused and sees more of her videos pop up from all the screens. The robots have a system error and drop like flies.

Katie is about to laugh until she sees the oncoming ground and braces for impact. The pain doesn't arrive, and the girl sees that she's caught in a beam. "What's happening?" She looks up and slowly smiles. "No way."

Rick stands on Eric and Deborah, a bot's blaster in his hand and another robot flying next to them. "It took me 28 minutes and a lot of tears, but I can now almost use a computer."

Rick pulls Katie up and she lands on Eric, prompting Rick to shift all of his weight on Deborah. Katie gets up and looks around. "Dad, you hacked the screens? How? And how did you get another one on our team?" Rick tosses her a blaster as he explains. "Well, I got a little help." He looks down to Deborah.

"If this obstinate man could change his programming..." Eric chimes in. "...we decided we could change ours." The new robot makes angry eyebrows on his faceplate. "Observing them, I realized it as well and want to help. We make our own orders now." Eric makes cat claw gestures with his hands. "Ooh, now we're scary."

The two head to the rocket and Rick looks at the video. "Hey, kid, uh, I saw your movie. I should have watched it sooner." He gives quick glances to his daughter. "But I think maybe in the sequel, Sarge should tell Dog Cop he's always... he's always gonna be there to back her and her special lady up."

Katie softly smiles. "That's all I ever wanted." The two smile at one another until Katie points to the diamond where more robots are falling. The two steer their way up to it, avoiding the falling metal. "Let's go stop Pla and save y/n."

As the two laugh, they stop when seeing scary robots coming after them. "Uh, why aren't those guys' heads exploding?"

"We can tell the difference between dog, pig, and bread." The bot explains.

Katie stops and points at her dad. "If we're going down, Dad this one's for you. Robots, play our song." Eric chirps and a familiar song plays.

Katie starts singing, holding a hand out to Rick, who smiles widely. The two begin to sing loudly, making the opposing robots tilt their heads. "Uh, what is this?"

Along with the song, the two lean away from an attack and use the beams to ram one bot into another, creating an explosion. Rick then starts belting out the words. "You're gonna be a shining star. In face clothes and fancy cars."

Katie joins in. "and then you'll see you're gonna go far. Cause everyone knows who you are...are."

The two sing together. "So live your life, hey! Hey, hey, hey. No telling where it'll take ya."

As the two sing, they each lead a stream of bots towards each other. And once close enough, then shoot up. The bots avoid each other a circle upwards. Katie stops and falls, activating her beam to grab one of them and crash into many others as possible. Once done, Rick catches his daughter princess style.

The third robot helps by making both his arms beams and keeping two enemies while spinning like a tornado. Once done, he poses. "Hey!"

"My life just livin my life!" The two humans high five each other and send a thumbs up to the new member.

Suddenly, a bot becomes between them, and more are approaching. "Buckle up, kid!" Rick hollers. They go to attack, but a light hits their eyes. making them stop in their tracks.

A robot flies frantically to them. "Brothers, run!" He cries before he is sliced in half. Behind him, an apocalyptic looking Linda stands tall. "I have made the metal ones pay for their crimes." She mutters lowly, wiping of oil on her cheek with her thumb.

Aaron pops from behind him mom, chuckling. "Mom's scary now."