Video chat

As Katie and I are finishing decorating our sign on our dorm door, Luna and Jade appraoch us. "We're setting up the Slip N' Slide tomorrow." The dark blonde girl tells us. "You in?" Jade asks and I perk up. "Oh, definitely."

The computer rings and Katie perks up. "Hold on, we're getting a call." She pulls me into the room. A boy jumps past us and is excited. "Thank again for saving the world, (ship name)!" He laughs. I snap my fingers at the boy. "No problem, Dirk."

We rush over to the electronic and Katie sits me down, setting my crutch aside. We accept the call and Mom's face pops up. "There are my girls. Are you eating enough? How's classes? Y/n, are healing properly?" She shoots the questions.

Katie waves her hands. "Oh, easy, Mom. It's only been a few weeks." I then look away in worry. "Also, do I look okay?" I then start groaning and my face goes red, making Katie back up in shock. "I've been... sick lately." My head blows up and Katie and Mom shriek. "Oh my gosh! She's dead! Call 911!"

My head returns and Katie and I laugh. Katie gets in front of me. "I've been taking a class about filters." Mom leans her chair, heaving in relief. "Oh, you. That is so creative. You, know, speaking of which, you inspired your dad."

Dad, who is behind Mom, looks at the ground. "I got that, uh, YouTube. I sent you a friend request. Why didn't you... why didn't you accept it?"

Katie lights up and grabs the request. "Oh, so that's what it is." I pull it out of the envelope, showing the words, "BE MY FRIEND ON THE INTERNET!!!!!" in a creepy handwriting. "We thought a psychopath wrote this." Y/n mutters under her breath, making Dad's eyes go wide.

Katie shrugs. "Sure we'll... we'll accept you friend request, Dad." She then looks around. "Hey, where's Aaron?"

Mom gets excited and picks up her device. "Oh, let me just show you." She heads to a room and opens the door, showing Aaron and Abbey under a blanket fort, talking about dinos. Mom sings out, "Hey, Aaron. Wanna show your sisters who you're talking to?"

Aaron's eyes land on us and he begins to panic. "What? No I'm not doing anything!" The boy screams and runs to the window, crashing through it. All our jaws drop as Aaron rubs his arm bashfully looking down. "Sorry. Force of habit."

Eric speaks up. "Hello, slovenly girls and brother." We chuckle at his greeting. "Hey Eric and Deb." John Doe waves at the screen. "Hello, brothers."

Eric holds the package in his hands out. "We received your care package for Aaron." Rick goes over and opens up the box, taking a look at the contents with a chuckle. "Looks like we got some clothes here for a little gentleman."

With a gasp, Aaron snatches the suit and hat, swiftly putting it on Monchi. Aaron hods up the dog, being all cute in his outfit. "The prophecy has been fulfilled!"

Katie and I give a chef's kiss in synchronize. Mom then brings the attention back to her. "So, guys, I guess we're receiving some Congressional Medal of Honor or something. We have to go to Washington DC."

I snort and slam my good hand on the table. "As we should! I nearly died just to become some piece of a museum." She laughs but stop when she sees people stare. "Too soon?" Katie places her hand on my shoulder. "Too soon, babe."

Mom shakes her head. "Do you guys want to fly or..." We all give each other obvious looks.

Later we're all laughing as we drive, just having a fun time.

                                                      THE END