Chapter (IV)

(For preference - Reese is 17 she just turned 14 when Ellie left)
────────────────────────

(For preference - Reese is 17 she just turned 14 when Ellie left)────────────────────────

────────────────────────

3 years later

Mornings. Reese hated Mornings.

But on the other hand, Reese hated anything to do with leaving her warm and cozy bed on her day off.

So when Lia, Reese' pitchy voiced neighbour, comes around banging her fists on Reese' bedroom door at 7am,

It's safe to say, Reese was pissed.

Groaning at the sudden intrusion on her once deep sleep, she sat up dragging her hand over her face and threw the covers off her bed, shivering slightly at the way the cold air nipped her exposed arms that were not covered by her short sleeved polo shirt.

Sulking her way over to the door, that was still rattling with noise from the girl outside, she turned the handle and peeked the door open slightly.

Seeing that is was Lia outside just made Reese relax slightly, Lia was a close friend. She was quiet annoying at times with her always happy energy and her blonde pony swinging wherever she walked, but she had a good heart and even though she could talk for days without a breath, Reese trusted her with everything same goes for Lia with Reese.
(Lia gives me Caroline vibes from tvd ngl)

They had this banter that they just couldn't find in anyone else. And they appreciated each other's company when it is most needed.

"Need something?" Reese asked the blonde girl incredulously, who she saw was fully dressed in training gear.

"Yes actually, I'm about to go train and I need a partner" she said in her usually high pitched happy tone.

Reese winced at the sound, it was still the morning and Lia's voice was never tolerable at 7am.

"Well sorry to disappoint. But Iv got my schedule completely over booked with sleeping, so if u don't mind-" Reese huffed beginning to close her door, that was until the door was stopped by a combat boot.

"Wait. Please Ree. C'mon, just-"

"Don't call me that."

Even though they were both close, Reese ever allowed anyone to call her the nick name Ellie had made for her. It was special to their friendship. And even though Lia tried not to, the nick name came so naturally she slipped up a few times but knew the meaning behind it so she was never offending when corrected, of course Reese never meant it in a rude way, it was just instincts at this point, the name brought back memories she's rather forget.