The Kitchen Chat

Clara felt a hand on her shoulder as she was beating the egg yolks.
"Attempting another souffle, then?" The Doctor asked, smiling.
She nodded. "My mum's recipe."
"Tell me about her. You never talk about your mum."
She glanced down. "I-I don't want to talk about her. It hurts." Clara met his gaze. "But... she was amazing. Smart, funny, and her souffles were delicious. She was another friend... and then she was gone. Like that. And I had no one. No one to confide in, no one to talk to, no one..." Her voice caught.
"Until I met you."
He looked at her startled.
"But I still can't tell you everything."
"Why not?"
"Because... girl stuff, you know? I could never tell you who I like."
"You like someone?"
"Yes, and I won't tell you who."
"But Clara-"
"No! Stop pretending! I know you don't give a shit about me, I know you think I'm useless!"
"Clara-" He tried to interrupt, bewildered.
"Oh, Doctor, to you I'm nothing! I know that in your eyes, I'm nothing! To you, I am nothing, but no matter what, to me, you are everything! The stars, the planets, the moons, the universe, you are the embodiment of my everything! But however much I may care for you, however much I love you, your hearts are as cold as ice!"
Suddenly, the full impact of what she'd said hit her.
"Oh my gosh I'm just gonna leave right now I'm sorry what have I done what have I done how did I tell you..." She stumbled towards the Tardis doors but was stopped by the Doctor's arms wrapping around her slim waist.
"Clara Oswald, I love you, too."
---
Heyyy lovely readers!
Thank you for reading- it means so much! Hope you liked it! More soon to come if I get more ideas!....
Love you all!
-Rina