Chapter 1

Bucky watched a girl with long dark hair and big green eyes walk into the building in a black pencil skirt with a matching blazer and a green blouse that matched her eyes. He got on the comms, "Steve. I think she's here. And my god, she's gorgeous." He heard Steve chuckle on the other side.

"Just escort her up here and try to keep it in your pants on the way."

Bucky laughed, "I'll try." He approached the girl, seeing for the first time, the dimples that appeared as she smiled up at him, "Ms. Cooper? Jessica Cooper?"

Jessica looked behind her to come face to face with a raven haired man with piercing steel blue eyes, "that's me." She tried to control her breathing as she knew he wasn't the one meant for her, but she wished he were.

He smiled, "I'm supposed to escort you personally to Captain Rogers."

She nodded, "lead the way Sergeant Barnes." She saw him smirk as he held out his arm for her to enter the elevator in front of her. She entered, leaning against the wall as she watched him enter, standing beside her. He wore a black suit and black button up shirt with no tie. She looked at the glass of the elevator, seeing him inspecting her as well, making her grin, looking at her feet. She heard the ding as she followed him off the elevator, down a long hallway to an office. He knocked, opening the door before there was an answer. He stood to the side as she entered in front of him, seeing the man she knew would be Steve Rogers, standing at the window, looking out with his hands in his pockets. She saw him smile as he turned to face her, his dirty blond hair all perfectly in place paired with a neatly trimmed beard. His suit was dark blue with a blue tie tied neatly that matched his eyes.

Steve held his hand up, offering it to her, "Ms. Cooper. It's nice to meet you. I see you've met Bucky."

She nodded, looking from Bucky who stood off to the side and back at Steve as she accepted his hand, "Sergeant Barnes, yes. I did."

Bucky chuckled as she looked at him, "please, call me Bucky or Buck. Or James. Or actually, call me anything you like doll."

She blushed slightly at his grin as she turned back to Steve.

Steve rolled his eyes, "okay Buck. Get out."

He nodded, winking at Jessica as he left the room.

"I was going to let him stay but he's a little wound up today it seems. Sit." He pointed to the chair in front of his desk, watching her sit as he leaned back against the desk. He watched as she crossed one leg over the other, not taking her eyes away from him as she did. "So, you know why you're here Ms. Cooper?"

She nodded, "I am to be your new personal assistant. And please, Jessica or even better, Jess."

Steve nodded, "okay, Jess." He stood up, going to sit behind his desk. He pointed to the folder in her hand, "can I assume you read the employment contract?"

Jessica smiled and nodded, "I did, Captain."

He cleared his throat, trying to keep control of himself at hearing her calling him Captain. "Questions?"

"No questions. I signed it."

He sighed, annoyed. "If you read it all the way through, there would be no way for you to not have questions."

She stood up from her seat as she came around his desk to set the contract in front of him. She leaned against the desk next to him. "I am to be your personal assistant. Whatever you ask of me I am to do. Within reason of course." She leaned on one hand as she hovered her face inches from his, "and that extends past the office but at home as well where I am told I will have my room and be able to come and go as I please." She stood up straight as he turned his chair to her, "actually I do have a question."

Steve nodded, "go on then."

She smirked, resting her hands on the arms of his chair, "do you prefer I call you sir or Captain?"

Steve chuckled, nodding, "we'll figure out which one we like better. And yes, you can have your own room. Pam was right, you are something else."

She laughed as she stood up straight, "I'm only here because of Pam. She said I could trust you and I trust her so." She shrugged as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

He nodded, "you can. Uncross your arms. Don't do that around me. It's a sign of defensiveness and you have nothing to defend from." He stood up from his chair as he leaned down to her, "I prefer you hold them behind your back."

She grinned, putting her hands behind her back, "yes sir."

He stood up straight again, "okay. Good." He pulled out a set of keys and a credit card, handing them both to her, "these are for you. We can talk later. Take the day to get settled in. Bucky will take you to my place. Our place. He has his own room in the penthouse as well."

Jessica accepted the keys and card, "okay."

He nodded, "okay what?"

She giggled, "okay sir."

He pressed a button on his desk, "and Bucky is off limits. Don't let him try to convince you otherwise. You can start officially here on Monday."

She nodded as Bucky entered the room, "yes sir. I'll see you later."