Chapter 27

Emily's pov
A couple of days have passed and I'm on shift right now, like the rest of the guys.
After this shift I would have Jamie home probably until next time when it's shift.

Me and Casey haven't told Jamie yet or the guys that we work with. The only people that knows about us, is Shay but also Severide.
Since I'm so good friend with Shay, and that Matt is a good friend with Severide.

Half of shift have gone by, Ambo haven't good many calls yet. Only a couple of calls, but it seems to be a slow shift today.
I appreciate when it is a slow shift, but then I love to be out on calls to save someone's life instead just been inside of the firehouse and sitting at the table and doing nothing.

Matt's pov
Half of the shift have gone by, and it have been pretty slow for our firehouse. Truck have only been out on calls two times, squad haven't been out at all but Ambo have been out more then us. But it have also been slow for them, and they usually are out on calls 10 calls or more at one shift.

Truck, Scott and Shay we were sitting in the common room at the table. Some of the guys was playing games to make the the "fly away". Mills was standing my the kitchen making dinner for everyone, and he started to make it earlier then he usually. And the only reason for that was, the dinner would take some time to do and since it is a slow shift it was great thing to do instead of sitting at the table and doing nothing.

But as we were sitting there my phone tried to ring, so I took my phone out from my pocket and I saw it was the lawyer for my mom.
Emily was also sitting at the table, and I saw that she was looking at me. So I showed her my phone before I answered it, so she would know that it was the lawyer.

I got up from the table and answered it, I left the common room and went to the bunker room so I could talk to the lawyer without any of the guys disturb me.

I talked to the lawyer for two minutes and then it was down with the conversation with my moms lawyer.
But when I had just finished the phone call, I heard someone coming to the bunker room. And It was only Emily, I was glad to just see her and since she knows the hole situation.

Emily - And?

Matt - they granted her parole.

Emily - that's amazing.

Matt - yeah.

I don't know why, but I wasn't so happy like a thought I would be when I heard that my mom would be out again, and I could see that Emily notice that.

Emily - what is it Matt?

Matt - well, there is one condition. She has to move in to a stable household, meaning with me.

Emily - ooh right, I kind of forgot that part.

Matt - me too.

Emily - when is she getting out?

Matt - tomorrow after shift, so it's good that your already going to have Jamie.

Emily - yeah, and when do you want Jamie to meet your mom?

Matt - maybe in a couple of days, I just want to see how it goes with me and her.

Emily - I get that.

Matt - so maybe next shift.

Emily - sounds good to me.

As we were standing in the bunker room alone the bell got off.
Bell Squad 3 and Ambo 61.

Emily - duty calls.

She was just to leave when I took a grip on her arm, and spun her around to give her a kiss.
The kiss was a fast one, but we pulled away from each other.

Matt - be careful.

Emily - I will.

She left the bunker room to get out on the apparatus floor. And I went to my office to finish my paperwork for a early call today that I didn't finish.