Chapter 39

Matt's pov
I was on my way back home after I had dropped off Jamie at kindergarten, and then in a couple of hours I have a construction job.
Before I left to drop Jamie off, we all three had just eaten breakfast together like a family. And it was nice to do that before I left Jamie.
I had one thing that I needed to do when I get back home, and that is to talk with Emily.

I just came back home, and I started to look for Emily downstairs. And since I didn't find her there, I walked upstairs to our bedroom.
I got to our bedroom and there I saw Emily was fixing with the bed.

Matt - hey!

She turned around since she probably didn't hear that I had gotten back home.

Emily - hey! How did it go with Jamie?

Matt - it went great, he really loves to be at kindergarten.

Emily - yeah...

Matt - can we talk about something?

Emily - yeah.

Matt - it's about what Jamie asked us last night when we put him to sleep.

Emily - ooh...

Matt - what was your thought about it?

Emily - I don't know, I was just in shock when he asked us that. Specially when he haven't been asking us about it earlier.

Matt - yeah I know.

Emily - what about you?

Matt - I was also in shock, but then I started to think about it more...

Emily - and?

I walked over to our bed and took a seat on it, and so did Emily also.

Matt - I want to have a baby since I didn't experience that when Jamie was a baby, and I want Jamie to have a sibling also.

Emily - I know, and i get that!

Matt - yeah?

Emily - trust me I want to have another one, specially when Jamie is just getting older and older.

Matt - I get that also!

Emily - so when do you want to have a baby?

Matt - I don't know, but maybe next year!

Emily - that's sound good to me!

Matt - wait.....are you serious?

Emily - yes I am!

I was so happy to hear that, so I showed her how happy I was.
So I started to kiss her and pulled her down to the bed so she was laying on it, and with me over her.
Our clothes was laying all over the floor and we where making love to each other.

After a couple of hours have passed I was on my way to a construction job, and I would be there to late afternoon.
And when I was done I would be home alone with Jamie, because Emily was going to work at Molly's tonight so it would be a boys night.

*
Emily's pov
The next day and new shift, both me and Matt drove in our separate cars. Because Matt had a construction job first thing after this shift.
So I had arrived at the firehouse earlier then him, because he also said he would leave Jamie at kindergarten.

Since shift hasn't started yet I already was out on the apparatus floor to check the rig and talking to the other two paramedics that was still on there shift.
But as I was talking to them a woman came up tj the Ambo.

She had brown hair in a ponytail and it looked like she was Latino but I wasn't sure.

Woman - hey!

Emily - hey! Are you the candidate?