Chapter 45

Emily's pov
Couple of days have passed and it is back to shift, but this shift would be Dawsons last here. And I have to say that it is a little sad, because she is a nice person but also a good paramedic.

Yesterday I was home alone or more like, most of the day until it was time to pick Jamie up at kindergarten.
Matt was away and I didn't really know what he was, since I knew he didn't have a construction job. But he said he would see Severide, but he usually don't do that. Or he is not acting all weird about it like yesterday.
And I don't really want to ask him about it, because I don't want him to feel that I can't trust him.
If there is one thing I know, then it is that I do trust him.

General's pov
Shift had started and everyone was gathered in the conference room to have a meeting with chief. He was telling them all about new information from headquarters, and going through things that needed to do at the firehouse.

After the meeting was over, they went to the common room. Because before the meeting, Mills had already started breakfast. And they where all hungry, and just wanted to eat before a call comes in.

They had all finished eating breakfast and having at least one cup of coffee when the bell went off.
Bell Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambo 61 and battalion 25

They where all glad that they had gotten some food when they got there first call this morning, they all got out on the apparatus floor and jumped in to there rigs and took of to the scene.

Matt's pov
We just got back from our call after we had been out for a long time. We had been on the same call for 2-3 hours, Ambo had left the scene after they had taken care of a victim.

On the scene we had a couple of ambulance's, so after 61 had taken one victim to lakeshore we didn't need them there. But I heard they where out on a new call when we now got back.

I grabbed my second cup of coffee since this shift started, and I went to my office because I had paperwork like I always have after a call.

After I had finished my paperwork, I stayed in my office to think a little.

Yesterday I was at Emily's parents house because I talked to her dad.
I want to marry Emily, so I asked him for his blessing. And he said "yes" to it, which I was really happy for.
I was at there place early at lunch, because I had one thing I needed to do.

I told Emily that I was going to see Severide, which I didn't. But now when I am thinking about it, I was acting weird yesterday to Emily. But she haven't talked to me about it, so maybe she didn't really notice it.

But after I had talked to Emily's parents, I went a jewelry store. Because I was picking an engagement ring for her, I found exactly what I think would be perfect for her.
But now I just need to think about, how am I going to propose to her. She is this kind of girl who doesn't want it bug and have all the attention on her.
But I want to do a big thing since she deserves it, she is the love of my life and the mother of my child.

General's pov
Truck and squad haven't got a new call since there last one, but Ambo had been out three or four times since shift started.

Mills was doing lunch and Ambo wasn't there since there where out on a call, they left about 30 minutes ago. So probably they will be here when the lunch is done.

Casey was sitting in the common room with his men, and he started to think more about how he is going to propose to Emily. But there is one person he could ask, who knows Emily had have known her since Casey and her hot together in the first place. And that is just one and only Kelly Severide.

Casey got up from where he was sitting, sitting at the table. And he first walked in to the locker room to grab something in his locker.
There was something Casey and Severide used to do but they haven't done that in awhile. And that is, they used to go out and have a cigar and talk.