Chapter 31

Matt's pov
Most of the day have passed, we all had eating dinner together and it was starting to be evening. Most of the guys were sitting in the common room since we haven't had calls for the past three hours, and for Ambo they were out on a call now. They left about an hour ago, so they possibly should be back soon.

As I was sitting at the table in the common room talking to Cruz and Mills, I heard someone calling for my name.
So I turned around to look at the direction, that I heard the voice coming from. And I saw Capp standing there.

Capp - lieutenant, you have a visitor.

Matt - okay, thanks Capp.

He left the common room and went possibly to the squad table, and I got up from my seat and went also out to the apparatus floor.

When I came out to the apparatus floor I saw my mom standing there.

Matt - how'd you get here?

Nancy - I took the bus.

Matt - what's going on?

Nancy - Just wanted to see where my son works.

Matt - this is where I work.

I kind of pointed to apparatus floor and the doors, so you will come in to the common room and the fire truck that's standing out on the apparatus floor.

Nancy - well, are you embarrassed that I'm here?

Matt - no, I...of course not.

Nancy - well, then can I get a tour?

Matt - yeah. Uh...um....you saw the truck.

Nancy - this is your truck?

She said as she actually pointed to truck 81.

Matt - yeah.

Nancy - wow!

As we were standing there out in the apparatus floor some of the guys that's are on my team came out from common room.

Matt - mom this is Herrmann, Cruz and Mills. And guys this is my mom.

They all said "hello" to my mom and she said "hello" to them also, and as we where standing out on the apparatus floor Ambo came back from there call.

Shay parked the Ambo and, they both jumped out from it.
And when I saw them both coming to our direction, I thought this would be time for my mom and Emily too meet.

Matt - mom this is Leslie Shay and Emily Scott who is working on ambo, and this is my mom.

I first pointed to Shay and then Emily, so my mom would know who is who.
Shay - hey!

Emily - hey!

After them had said "hey" Shay left the apparatus floor with the guys, but Emily stayed out on the apparatus floor.

Nancy - so your my son's girlfriend and the mother of my grandchild?

Emily - yes, that's right.

Nancy - I'm just glad that my son have you instead of that girl Hallie, you are the woman that I always dreamed for Matthew.

Matt - mom!

Nancy - what? If it wasn't for Emily you wouldn't be a father by now.

Matt - right....

I looked at Emily and I saw her smiling at me, so I gave her a smile also. And when I saw her talking to my, all I could think about was. How lucky I am to have Emily by my side after all this year and have a son that I love so much and nothing will ever change that.

But as we were standing out on the apparatus floor the bell went off.
Bell Ambo 61

Emily went over to the Ambo and Shay came back out to the apparatus floor and she got to the Ambo also. And then they left to drive to the scene that they got called to.

Nancy - I should leave, since I have a time to be back at the townhouse.

Matt - okay, I will see you tomorrow morning then.

Nancy - yeah, be careful.

Matt - always.

And then my mom left because she have a time that she needs to be home at my place. And when she left, I got back inside to the common room.