Chapter 6

AN: Hey guys, sorry for not updating this last month. Since it was V-Day month I focused on making a romance fic that month mostly but here we are back with another Starlight Wings. Enjoy.

***

Since Stolas was excited to meet Octavia's new boyfriend, he insisted that the family dress up for the occasion. Unlike his Dad and older hellhound sister, Spiroz liked dressing up for formal events; the only problem was that he hated going to those formal events. Everyone always eyed him because of his half-breed status, and he could feel each set of eyes gazing at him, often with hatred or disgust. He didn't think this was a big deal when he was younger, but after learning what most of Hell really thought of him, he soon learned to hate those stares. Still, he wanted to support Octavia, so he hoped that this night wouldn't be a terrible one. Everyone was getting ready to take a portal to the capital while gathering their last things.

Spiroz's father dressed in what he called "The First Date" outfit, which, according to him, was the clothing he wore on his first date with Blitzo and thought it was suitable for the occasion. It was the opposite of his husband, who didn't really like remembering that first date since it was "one of the biggest failures on my part," end quote, but Blitzo wouldn't deny his spouse looked "hot" in that outfit. Blitzo was wearing a purple Brillo-styled jacket with dark black trousers, a black dress shirt, black leather shoes with diamond pins, and a black pearl necklace that was an anniversary gift. Loona, naturally, went with a black gothic look for herself. A long and crocheted black lace long dress with a black skirt that went down to her feet. She wore a black spider-webbed veil cloak around her shoulders that covered her entire back and wore a black diamond choker around her neck with a glowing red ruby skull ring that Octavia gifted her for her last birthday.

Moxxie, Millie, and the twins were also invited to the meeting since they were pretty much family, and they thought it would be nice to go in matching outfits. Moxxie and Milton wore black and ivory-colored tuxedos and white pants with silver cuffs and black bow ties. Loona joked that the two looked like they were cosplaying as James Bond, but they only took that as a compliment. Meanwhile, Millie and Mitzy wore simple black v-neck dresses that went down to their knees while wearing high heels with razor edges on the bottom. Millie's suggestion in case they needed to deliver a deadly kick for any reason.

Finally, Spiroz himself decided to wear something from the Victorian Era of England, a time that both he and Octavia found interest in when reading about history. He chose to wear a light yellow shirt with a white cravat that held a dark green gem in the middle around his neck. His waistcoat was white as snow with golden feathery designs stitched in the lower edges. His tailcoat was blood red with golden buttons and the Goetia symbol in black stitched over the upper right side of his chest. Finally, he wore tan trousers with black dress shoes. He also had the Evil Eye necklace that Hedwig had given to him hidden under his cravat. He didn't want to part from it, even with the risk of exposure, because it felt like a part of his friend was with him whenever he had it on.

"Everyone ready? I want to make sure we're there on time," Stolas said as he sprayed himself with cologne.

"We're ready already, Pops," Loona said, texting into her phone while looking bored. "Let's just go already to see if this guy is someone we'll welcome into the family or bury outside the city in an unmarked grave."

"We only did that once," Stolas said with a giggle. "And to be fair, he deserved it."

"Considering he was suspect in six accusations of spiking the drinks of six other girls before we had our way with him? Yeah, I think we did good on that one," Millie pointed out with a bloodthirsty grin.

Spiroz remembered that incident. It took them forever to clean the bloodstains off the ceiling and walls.

"Do we really have to meet this guy? Can't we just see what he looks like on Octavia's social media accounts?" Mitzy complained as she tugged at her dress. "I feel like an idiot wearing this thing."