Chapter 7

AN: New Chapter! Enjoy! First time writing Fizzarolli so please forgive me if I'm not good with his character. Feel free to point out strengths and flaws.

Disclaimer: I do not own Helluva Boss. Spiroz belongs to DaniDraws whose permission I have to use for this fic

***

Blitzo would be the first to say outright he's made many mistakes in his life, especially when it came to relationships. Back when he was younger, he would never admit it, but the truth was for an extended portion of his life, he wasn't a good person. However, hardship, tough acceptance, and becoming a family man had changed that mindset. Not to mention nearly killing yourself made it clear that, deep down, you knew something was wrong, and you'd rather die than accept it.

Because he was once toxic.

Super toxic.

He used people, broke their hearts, and always left them hurting even more. It was a selfish addiction that he had to get people to like or love him, use them, and then leave them in tears or angry beyond belief. In all honesty, he didn't mean to do it, but his paranoia of commitment had left him hurting some of the closest demons he knew in his life. He knew where it had all come from exactly. His home life wasn't the greatest with a father who abandoned his family, a mother who died when Blitzo was a child, and a sister who abandoned him that he hadn't spoken to in years.

Blitzo's family was a ruined mess, and he never wanted to go through that again. Yet, he longed for love. He needed it. Much as people like to think demons couldn't feel that emotion, they could. That was why he was so determined to make the company a family, hang out with Moxxie and Millie every day, and adopt Loona even when she was a teenager. Even despite his earlier statements about Stolas wanting him only for sex, there was a part of Blitzo back then that had fallen for the prince. He wanted something to fill the void his old broken family had left him.

He was desperate for love but was afraid of getting hurt again. Stolas had helped him with that by helping him realize he did love Blitzo. His new family cured him of his toxicity after his attempted suicide. And having a child, even if the methods eluded him, made him grow up. He changed, though it was hard, and he never felt happier thanks to those changes.

Of course, the shadows of his past still crept in the back of his head, and one name stood out. A former friend and ex-lover that Blitzo treasured more than any other demon in the pentagram. Even today, their relationship had fond memories, but a single mistake and a plan gone wrong had ruined what they had, much to his shame. Fizzarolli, the very same clown who was doing his show and making the audience laugh, was once a childhood friend of Blitzo's when he lived in the circus. Said circus had been in his family for generations that Fizz was going to inherit, and he had big dreams for it. He wanted his best friend, Blitzo, to be part of those dreams. It was their dream to be the big stars of their own big top one day. That friendship grew to love, and Blitzo still had fond memories of his first boyfriend. His first true love.

And then Blitzo ruined it.

And Fizzarolli hated him forever because of it.

The worst part was he had a right to do so.

However, he knew Fizz. He was up to something other than making these demons laugh. Ever since the incident that ruined their relationship, the clown had made it his life's mission to make Blitzo's entire existence miserable. Even after all these years, did the clown imp still try to ruin his life. He even crashed at his wedding with Stolas until his husband banished him from the grounds. Hard.

Yet that wasn't enough. From designing his robotic copies to constantly mocking and belittling Blitzo for every little thing he had ever done to outright humiliating him at a club by exposing his harmful actions as a lousy lover to the public. The fact that Verosika, another mistake from his past, had assisted in that only made it worse. That had been the incident that had made Blitzo want to kill himself. He didn't care if it meant that Fizzarolli had gotten his revenge. He just wanted the pain and guilt to stop. But he had been saved, healed, and stronger than ever.