29

JJ and bentley drive and sat shotgun as they drove back to the chateau, everyone else in the back planning out what's gonna happen.

"have you seen your dad much since you got arrested?" bentley asked JJ

he stayed quiet for a moment and looked at her.

"shit. i'm sorry. i shouldn't have asked." she said

"um. no. not really. i obviously saw him that day. i haven't seen him since. he wasn't at home last night when i was there anyway" he said

"what?! you went home last night?" she asked as he pulled up and parked.

"yeah"he said, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"why would you do that for?" she asked.

"because no one was here. you hated me, and i felt so guilty that i kinda hoped he was home. i thought it would take my mind off it. pain always kinda takes it away. and besides luke's house was closer to the hospital then here and i was tired." he said once everyone got out of the van.

the two of them walking together and bentley stopping at the front steps making him stop

"what?" he said

"i um. nevermind" she said, beginning to tear up, wandering inside before him.

she headed to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her, immediately hitting the toilet.

the thought of him thinking that getting hurt by like then dealing with the heartbreak of bentley hating him last night made her feel sick. and she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"bentley. baby? are you okay in there?" she heard his voice on the other side of the door.

"fuck." she whispered, cleaning herself up

"don't make me kick this door down baby. not again" he said

JJ had seen her face after he bad told her that, feeling regret and also embarrassment as she ran away from him.

"i'm okay, JJ. just using the bathroom. i'll be out in a sec. sorry" she said

"i'm sorry if i hurt your feeling by telling you that. i'm okay, i promise. i won't do it again" he said, apologising, when she knew he didn't need too. it was his life. his nature. he was used to thinking it was okay, and bentley felt as though she made him ashamed of that as she knew it wasn't an okay mindset.

she wiped her tears and he smudged mascara, looking okay again before she opened the door to face him.

"i'm okay. see" she smiled.

"i'm sorry" JJ said

"jj stop saying sorry. it's not your fault. it's what your used to and i didn't mean to make you feel like shit because of that" she said

"so you did get upset i told you that?" he said as he grabbed a beer from the fridge for them both.

"no- uh... a little bit but i didn't mean to make you hurt by that. jsut forget it. never mind" she sighed